£100m for Torres

Dave S said:
With his injury record I wouldn't give £30M.

£30m would be my limit. We got Tevez for £25m and Torres isn't that much better and has a worse injury record.

I'd prefer Torres to Villa though, given that he's Premiership proven.

Somud said:
Pam said:
Exactly. It's a pisstake and there are limits. Villa might be the more likely prospect anyway. But how old is he?

He's 28. I say we concentrate on beefing up the central midfield first and foremost and then look at some full-backs. We have Carlos and Ade up front and that's a great duo.

Right Back
Left Back
Quality Attacking Midfield Player
Quality Right Winger

and only then another striker

Liverpool depend on him to much and are always rushing the lad back from injury.

Love to see him at City for 30 million NO more.

City should play hard ball, we know where were going, footballers know what were about.....Lets not look silly by offering OTT prices.

I'd love to see City buying young world class stars instead of giving the media something else for them to blast us with....Not that I give two F**k what the press think. But I love City to bamboozle the gutter pigs and build a club full of real young talent aged 22-25ish.

cleavers said:
but I'm happy with upfront as it is

If we want to step up another level then we need more top quality strikers.

Top four clubs can play 60 games a season - with injuries and suspensions we could easily keep three top strikers happy.

Not bloody likely, not at age 28. 60 million is too much, 75 is ridiculous and 100 is just plain daft. I'd rather buy Bojinov back from Italy for a lot less. If Adebayor keep that smile on his face he'll be the one to keep the goals flowing. I still have hopes he and Tevez will make a partnership like Toshack and Keegan had at Liverpool years ago.

dctid said:
Somud said:
He's 28. I say we concentrate on beefing up the central midfield first and foremost and then look at some full-backs. We have Carlos and Ade up front and that's a great duo.

Right Back
Left Back
Quality Right Winger

I'd say we're ok at right back, especially as Boateng can play there and it looks likely that we'll be signing him.

I'd say our main priority is midfield, we need a deep lying playmaker ala Xavi, we need a box-to-box all rounder ala Lampard and a new winger.

Then we should look at left back as Wayne Bridge is the only decent one we've got.

Then we can consider a striker, unless someone like Torres is available at a "reasonable" price, in which case not signing him would be dangerous as it could allow a rival, although they all appear to be skint, to steal in.

kenzie115 said:
dctid said:
Right Back
Left Back
Quality Right Winger

I'd say we're ok at right back, especially as Boateng can play there and it looks likely that we'll be signing him.

I'd say our main priority is midfield, we need a deep lying playmaker ala Xavi, we need a box-to-box all rounder ala Lampard and a new winger.

Then we should look at left back as Wayne Bridge is the only decent one we've got.

Then we can consider a striker, unless someone like Torres is available at a "reasonable" price, in which case not signing him would be dangerous as it could allow a rival, although they all appear to be skint, to steal in.

Agree with all apart from the midfield - we need a creative modfield player - i would like to see Barry play the same role as he does for England deep lying lay maker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.