£100m for Torres

I'd rather not give £100 million to a team we are in direct competition with. It doesn't matter how good he is. (Unless they are called Messi)

Other options out there who could be bought for a third of the price.

dctid said:
kenzie115 said:
I'd say we're ok at right back, especially as Boateng can play there and it looks likely that we'll be signing him.

I'd say our main priority is midfield, we need a deep lying playmaker ala Xavi, we need a box-to-box all rounder ala Lampard and a new winger.

Then we should look at left back as Wayne Bridge is the only decent one we've got.

Then we can consider a striker, unless someone like Torres is available at a "reasonable" price, in which case not signing him would be dangerous as it could allow a rival, although they all appear to be skint, to steal in.

Agree with all apart from the midfield - we need a creative modfield player - i would like to see Barry play the same role as he does for England deep lying lay maker.

Barry doesn't play as a deep lying playmaker, he plays as the anchorman who sweeps up in midfield and plays the short passes to the men who then create. He's really good in this role because defensively he's an excellent midfielder.

The deep lying playmaker would be the creative midfielder you seek, when I mentioned Xavi did that not indicate creativity?

kenzie115 said:
dctid said:
Agree with all apart from the midfield - we need a creative modfield player - i would like to see Barry play the same role as he does for England deep lying lay maker.

Barry doesn't play as a deep lying playmaker, he plays as the anchorman who sweeps up in midfield and plays the short passes to the men who then create. He's really good in this role because defensively he's an excellent midfielder.

The deep lying playmaker would be the creative midfielder you seek, when I mentioned Xavi did that not indicate creativity?

A play maker / creative midfield player for me is not deep lying - i would expect him to be more advanced than a DM - anyway looks like we agree - for me the midfield would then pick its self:-

Johnson
Barry
Creative Midfield / Deep Lying or whatever - Arteta for me
Bellary

Ade
Tevez

Would look fookin awesome

We paid 25m for Adebayor, who was a 1 in 2 goalscorer for le Arse.

Torres is a 1.5 goals in 2 player. Really that should mean that Torres is worth around 35-40mill, going of goals alone.

The goal ratios for both players play out pretty much like this for the current season, with Ade scoring 13 in 26 and Torres scoring 22 in 32.

Having Torres, Tevez and Adebayor as our 3 main strikers would be absolutely mouthwatering and strike fear into the hearts of all of europe.

I think if we were to get Torres we could get him for 50mill, which all in all, considering his goals and the added marketing boost etc., would be a fair deal.

If the oppurtunity came, i would push the boat out to around £50m and say take it or leave it. I would go higher than £30m because we have seen he can cut it in this league and is still only 26. Also, his profile as one of the worlds best is huge. He is so injury prone at Pool because they play 1 up top and they rush him back quickly because they relyon him so heavily.

Although, in his 3 years at Pool, he has managed 33, 24 and 22 apearences respectively, That allows us to keep 3 Strikers happy at the club and he has proved he can have an injury free season already. 72 goals in 116 appearences speaks for itself in English football.

Freestyler said:
no thanks,

David Villa please, just as good, if not better than Torres.

If £40m, definatly. Would anybody play Tevez in the Attacking midfield role with Torres and Villa upfront. Tevez has the energy to play there and has been acting in that position coming so deep recently. He certainly has the creativity and the willingness to get into the box too.

Blue Coop said:
Freestyler said:
no thanks,

If £40m, definatly. Would anybody play Tevez in the Attacking midfield role with Torres and Villa upfront. Tevez has the energy to play there and has been acting in that position coming so deep recently. He certainly has the creativity and the willingness to get into the box too.

Then we have to play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. We can not play Tevez in midfield with only 1 man behind him. That's suicide. So it would then have to be a diamond, with no wingers.

Blue Coop said:
Freestyler said:
no thanks,

Johnson----creativemidfielder----Gaz Baz----Bellamy/Silva/Ribery

---------------------Tevez---Villa

?????????

frightening.

re: who to win: arsenal or spurs?

No thanks he is a pissin injury prone + hes not gonna leave anyways + dont want him here would rather have villa!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.