£100m Transfer Kitty in the Summer?

If Mancini is still here and if 2 strikers were to go then they'd be Tevez and Dzeko.

We should be looking to get £50million for the pair of them (£25million each)

Then hopefully someone like Liverpool will offer £15million for Johnson and someone could offer somewhere in the region of £8 million for De Jong.

That coupled together with the expected outgoings in Adebayor, Bridge and Weiss means we could be gathering somewhere in the region of £80 million (if we're lucky).

So we could say we can spend what we make and have a transfer kitty of say £40million on top? that should be enough to address the issues we have within the team, but the way we're treated when it comes to signings, we may overpay on them and be left with a very good group of say 16 players and then not have much else in reserve.

whyalwaysLee said:
This is because he uses them more often than we do. Savic has only been drafted in for Emergencies, but we could have used him much more to gain experience. Same with AJ, Zabba, Milner, Kolorov, Nasri, Kolo and NDJ. If we gave them more time on the pitch, they wouldn't be so rusty when we really needed them to put a shift in.
Fuck it. I did try reading it and it's true, you are clueless.

AJ - 34 appearances
Zabba - 24 appearances
Milner - 34 appearnces
Kolarov - 25 appearances
Nasri - 38 apparances
Kolo - 18 appearances (and missed 6 weeks due ACON)
NDJ - 29 appearances

Now seeing as City have played 48 games so far this season. Only one of the players you think we "should play more" has played in less than half the games.

So what the hell are you on about?

Some of the stuff on here is ridiculous. We should only be getting shut of the deadwood out on loan, i.e. Ade and Bridge. Guidetti can get drafted in as another option up front, if Weiss has a good pre-season with us he could be kept as a wide option. Don't forget Boyata either, he gives us another defensive option, not sure how much he's played at Bolton but he's a solid defender normally, and probably a better option than Savic who I think would benefit from going out on loan. The only player(s) from this current squad I can see leaving is Tevez, maybe, at a push, Dzeko and AJ, but its unlikely IMO. We're 2nd in the league, was top for most of the season, spanked a lot of teams by 3 or 4 goals, all we really need is pace out wide to give us more options and a plan B, and possibly another CM, but I don't see why we do, Pizarro has been used sparingly, and if we get a winger (or two), Milner will probably be used more in a central position, not forgetting Nasri is pretty competent at playing in central midfield as well. We have a fantastic squad, all we really need to do is get rid of all the deadwood, and arseholes (Tevez), and bring in 1 or 2 top players who are very versatile.

The tenor of most of these posts is that we need to overhaul the squad, as if they've failed and there's nothing to play for. Ridiculous. Fine tuning is all that's required; but that's something to discuss at the END of the season.

SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:
This is because he uses them more often than we do. Savic has only been drafted in for Emergencies, but we could have used him much more to gain experience. Same with AJ, Zabba, Milner, Kolorov, Nasri, Kolo and NDJ. If we gave them more time on the pitch, they wouldn't be so rusty when we really needed them to put a shift in.

AJ - 34 appearances
Zabba - 24 appearances
Milner - 34 appearnces
Kolarov - 25 appearances
Nasri - 38 apparances
NDJ - 29 appearances

Now seeing as City have played 48 games so far this season. Only one of the players you think we "should play more" has played in less than half the games.

Clueless indeed...he should stick to commenting on Utd which he does often.

Sky Blue said:
SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:

AJ - 34 appearances
Zabba - 24 appearances
Milner - 34 appearnces
Kolarov - 25 appearances
Nasri - 38 apparances
NDJ - 29 appearances

Clueless indeed...he should stick to commenting on Utd which he does often.
Not to mention how we should have kept hold of SWP and Bellamy as they were "out and out wingers that got crosses in".

And some fuckers agreed with him.

Never fails to surprise me this place.

Could be a few cheap and Bosman signings to deepen the squad. Our squad depth is a bit overrated, we haven't been able to compete on all fronts effectively. But like Jean-Jacques Gosso is close to joining if you believe the French media. And even if that's false, he is an example of what the club could do - £3million for an Ivory Coast international midfielder who has been one of the standout players in the Turkish league (inb4 people dismiss him because he plays there), he would probably be a fringe player but he'd actually be there unlike the most pointless signing ever (Hargreaves).

As for overhauling our front line, well we could replace Tevez, Mario, and Dzeko with Cavani, Van Persie, and Higuain, and it'd make little difference in the sort of games we struggle in as they are not going to carve out the chances. If Tevez and Dzeko are going, one incoming forward will be enough (him, Aguero, Mario, Guidetti) and the other transfer fee from outgoing forwards should go towards other positions.

i keep screaming from the stand im ready to play on matchday... i wouldnt cost anything and id play for free!! FFP KISS MY ARSE

still yet to recieve the number 9 shirt though :(

SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:

AJ - 34 appearances
Zabba - 24 appearances
Milner - 34 appearnces
Kolarov - 25 appearances
Nasri - 38 apparances
NDJ - 29 appearances

How many of them appearances started a game or played a full 90 mins? You can count on both hand the amount of starts AJ has had. When NDJ was drafted in during the ACON he was not match fit. Kolorov too has looked miles better after a run of games under his belt. IMO to win the league over a grueling season, you have to use your full squad and rest players like Silva and Yaya for when we really need them, and I don't mean by throwing the above players on for the last ten minutes of a game. We played an entire second string away to Wolves in the cup and twatted them. We didn't do enough of that this season IMO. I don't think we took enough risks, and we are seeing many of the first team lagging when we need them to be fresh.

That article by Holden is very interesting and i agree some of us may be getting carried away, we have had a great season whatever happens in the next six weeks so patience is needed.

I agree with some on here, only fringe players out. Why sell Dzeko?! And/Or Balo?! 15 goals and 18 goals are not a bad return when they're both in and out of the side. We need a winger, if only to mix it up a bit, this season our biggest downfall has been a lack of a plan b. When our narrow play isnt working we have struggled to change things!

**In**
Lavezzi - 30
Centre Back -20
Winger - 30?

**Out**
Tevez
A.Johnson only if we get 15 or more (downing and henderson come to mind)
Pizzaro loan end
Weiss
Bridge
RSC
M.Johnson
Boyata (maybe)
Hargreaves
Adebayor
Cunningham
Nimely

50+ Million if were lucky. We dont need wholesale changes, keep the faith. Were building a club here we dont want to do a Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.