£100m Transfer Kitty in the Summer?

Agree with the previous post: time, not (so much) width. We have a fantastic squad. Tevez will go for sure, and we might buy one key player in the summer. I'm not so sure RM sees it the same way many here does, that we first and foremost need wingers. He has a preferred style and it's not the traditional winger - target man combo. We'll see come summer. And sell Mario? Won't happen. The lad might very well become our most important player for years to come.

whyalwaysLee said:
SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:
This is because he uses them more often than we do. Savic has only been drafted in for Emergencies, but we could have used him much more to gain experience. Same with AJ, Zabba, Milner, Kolorov, Nasri, Kolo and NDJ. If we gave them more time on the pitch, they wouldn't be so rusty when we really needed them to put a shift in.
Fuck it. I did try reading it and it's true, you are clueless.

AJ - 34 appearances
Zabba - 24 appearances
Milner - 34 appearnces
Kolarov - 25 appearances
Nasri - 38 apparances
Kolo - 18 appearances (and missed 6 weeks due ACON)
NDJ - 29 appearances

Now seeing as City have played 48 games so far this season. Only one of the players you think we "should play more" has played in less than half the games.

So what the hell are you on about?

How many of them appearances started a game or played a full 90 mins? You can count on both hand the amount of starts AJ has had. When NDJ was drafted in during the ACON he was not match fit. Kolorov too has looked miles better after a run of games under his belt. IMO to win the league over a grueling season, you have to use your full squad and rest players like Silva and Yaya for when we really need them, and I don't mean by throwing the above players on for the last ten minutes of a game. We played an entire second string away to Wolves in the cup and twatted them. We didn't do enough of that this season IMO. I don't think we took enough risks, and we are seeing many of the first team lagging when we need them to be fresh.
You may be able to but seeing as he has 16 starts, I would not be able to. But my sister is not my mother either, so it may explain it.

Look, you made some comments, they have been proven wholely incorrect. deal with it.

SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:
SWP's back said:
Fuck it. I did try reading it and it's true, you are clueless.

AJ - 34 appearances
Zabba - 24 appearances
Milner - 34 appearnces
Kolarov - 25 appearances
Nasri - 38 apparances
Kolo - 18 appearances (and missed 6 weeks due ACON)
NDJ - 29 appearances

Now seeing as City have played 48 games so far this season. Only one of the players you think we "should play more" has played in less than half the games.

So what the hell are you on about?

How many of them appearances started a game or played a full 90 mins? You can count on both hand the amount of starts AJ has had. When NDJ was drafted in during the ACON he was not match fit. Kolorov too has looked miles better after a run of games under his belt. IMO to win the league over a grueling season, you have to use your full squad and rest players like Silva and Yaya for when we really need them, and I don't mean by throwing the above players on for the last ten minutes of a game. We played an entire second string away to Wolves in the cup and twatted them. We didn't do enough of that this season IMO. I don't think we took enough risks, and we are seeing many of the first team lagging when we need them to be fresh.
You may be able to but seeing as he has 16 starts, I would not be able to. But my sister is not my mother either, so it may explain it.

Look, you made some comments, they have been proven wholely incorrect. deal with it.

I'm telling you that your house is on fire, but all you can do is score points by telling me my shoelaces are untied.

The fact is, our first team players are starting to show signs of tiredness, and this is because we have played them too much this season, where we could have still won games with a second string.

Baconface wraps certain players in cotton wool and leaves them out for many games, and he plays his sprats in their place and still manages to get a decent return from them. I think that our second string is way way above their sprats in terms of experience and ability, but the difference is that we don't risk them enough. It seems that the stakes are too high now and we always have to put a show on for the watching hoards who have come to see the big names. We could win dirty, and give the boys a rest, but we don't.

Fact.

Now show me the stats for how many starts Silva, Kompany, Yaya, Aguero and Richards have made this season.

*awaits 'hilarious' response about spelling mistakes*

whyalwaysLee said:
SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:

I'm telling you that your house is on fire, but all you can do is score points by telling me my shoelaces are untied.

The fact is, our first team players are starting to show signs of tiredness, and this is because we have played them too much this season, where we could have still won games with a second string.

Baconface wraps certain players in cotton wool and leaves them out for many games, and he plays his sprats in their place and still manages to get a decent return from them. I think that our second string is way way above their sprats in terms of experience and ability, but the difference is that we don't risk them enough. It seems that the stakes are too high now and we always have to put a show on for the watching hoards who have come to see the big names. We could win dirty, and give the boys a rest, but we don't.

Fact.

Now show me the stats for how many starts Silva, Kompany, Yaya, Aguero and Richards have made this season.

Ok, first things first, at no point have I pointed out spelling mistakes, I made one comment about your original lack of paragraphs. It seems that you have remedied that now, so my comments were worthwhile.

Now lets look at:

Silva: 42
Kompany: 34
Yaya: 35
Aguero: 41
Richards: 32

Which when compared with the players you deemed rusty:

AJ - 34 appearances
Zabba - 24 appearances
Milner - 34 appearnces
Kolarov - 25 appearances
Nasri - 38 apparances
NDJ - 29 appearances

Suggests that rotation has been going on all season.

Now let's look at the rags "main men" shall we:

Evra: 39
Rooney: 35
Nani: 35
Valencia: 30 (and has been injured)
Giggs: 28 (and he's 52 years of age)
Evans: 34 (and he's shit)
Ferdinand: 30 (and he's also been injured a lot)
Jones: 34

So, they are fairly even are they not?

Here endeth the lesson.

The £100 million seems to be no more than an attention grabber. I don't think Dzeko will go anywhere, because Roberto knows exactly what he needs to score prolifically and will get it this summer. Dzeko has looked hot when provided with decent service. His "drought" has seen him attack two excellent deliveries against Wigan and Blackburn and leave their 'keepers waving goodbye to the ball - just as he did to Nasri's cross at WHL. Give him the service and he scores, but we don't have a winger and so he has to live off crumbs, usually from Silva or Kolorov. Roberto has great belief in Mario so I don't see Mario going anywhere, at least for another season. Aguero is not allowed to leave (even though he has struggled for goals as much as anyone away from home.) I don't know much about Guidetti, but I'd not get carried away by scoring goals in the Dutch league - remember Samaras? And Suarez hasn't got anywhere near the goals in the PL he got there. Tevez, I hope will go, but it depends on who wants to buy him and for how much. Higuain seems the most likely to come, with a winger (not Ronaldo, I suspect!) and possibly another midfielder. Apart from that we'll be trying to offlaod the remnants of the Mark Hughes "era", and I have a funny feeling that may includ Nigel de Jong.

LARF, oh yes, you've really taught me a lesson!

All the while glossing over the fact that appearances do not constitute a full game. i.e. MOST OF THOSE APPEARANCES WERE AS SUBSTITUTES!

Silva, Aguero, Yaya (including ACON) Kompany (banned/injured) and Richards would have taken part in the majority of those appearances, not the last ten minutes.

If you were to quantify actual playing time on the pitch, not appearences, it would tell you that Aguero, Silva et al played 95%. Compared to NDJ, Savic et al being involved for 25% of our games.

There is a huge difference, but as I twigged earlier, you're only here to score points for your Smugness wallchart.

I bet you run to the corner of your garden and perform a little Roger Milla shimmy after every post.

inGavious said:
£100m wont even cover Ronaldo's wages when Jose join us in the summer

lol. not forgetting Jose's fat 15 million a year contract(He is already on 10 million at Real)

SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:
SWP's back said:

Fact.

Ok, first things first, at no point have I pointed out spelling mistakes, I made one comment about your original lack of paragraphs. It seems that you have remedied that now, so my comments were worthwhile.

Now lets look at:

Silva: 42
Kompany: 34
Yaya: 35
Aguero: 41
Richards: 32

Which when compared with the players you deemed rusty:

AJ - 34 appearances
Zabba - 24 appearances
Milner - 34 appearnces
Kolarov - 25 appearances
Nasri - 38 apparances
NDJ - 29 appearances

Suggests that rotation has been going on all season.

Now let's look at the rags "main men" shall we:

Evra: 39
Rooney: 35
Nani: 35
Valencia: 30 (and has been injured)
Giggs: 28 (and he's 52 years of age)
Evans: 34 (and he's shit)
Ferdinand: 30 (and he's also been injured a lot)
Jones: 34

So, they are fairly even are they not?

Here endeth the lesson.

Agreed. Any anyway, not convinced this is the main issue.
Sub or not, appearances represent time on the field to make an impact.
It's perfectly right Toure & Kompany should play virtually every game cos they are our better players - just like Rooney for them. I just don't see the big issue here. Also, saying Savic needs more time in our first team?? Seriously ?

Oh, and it may only be untied shoelaces, but it was v funny - 16 fingers on two hands LOL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.