£140 million left in the kitty for this summer - Who would you spend it on ?

Verrati (people say he's unobtainable but he wants out and I think £60m would do it). I'd also buy Bellerin (£25m), Rodriguez (£20m) and De Brunye (£50m) and sell Nasri for (£20m) and Sagna (£8m) to afford it.

A quality player but has a €100 million buy out clause.
I'm surprised at that as Barcelona play him out of his best position (holding midfielder).
Either way I don't expect to see him at City.
He is just what we need though to protect that flimsy defence.

Scoring goals isn't going to be a problem for us. It's indiscipline and naivety in defence that's costing us. We should be getting a cb from a team outside of their league's top two or three. Same goes for a defensive midfielder.

Laporte and Nianggolan.

Verrati (people say he's unobtainable but he wants out and I think £60m would do it). I'd also buy Bellerin (£25m), Rodriguez (£20m) and De Brunye (£50m) and sell Nasri for (£20m) and Sagna (£8m) to afford it.

With the attacking options we already have (plus if we sign KDB) I'd take Verratti over Pogba anyways.

I'm going to assume we can offload certain players, and that players we want would come to us. Both of these things are sizeable assumptions and, in the real world, aren't hugely likely to occur.

I'd go out and buy a first choice left back, someone with real quality. Don't know much about this Alex Santos we're being linked with but I'd actually grab Alaba from Bayern (as my disclaimer at the start stated, I'm assuming we'd be able to get him, and he'd want to come, both of which are highly doubtful).

We need a top quality central/holding midfielder, a Makelele type with, perhaps, a bit more ability on the ball. Veratti of PSG would be ideal if you ask me. Busquets has been suggested but I'd worry whether he'd be able to cope with the physical demands of the Premier league, he does love a collapse and roll. There's a Swiss International called Granit Xhaka playing for Moenchengladbach who, I think, is still only 20 or 21 and looks fantastic, and might not cost the Earth. Lars Bender from Leverkusen is also worth a look, plus we'd have a player called Bender, which is almost worth signing him in it's own right. His brother Sven, at Dortmund, would be a good addition too. Ander Iturraspe from Bilbao is another good option, but Bilbao are notorious for squeezing every last penny out of buyers so wouldn't be cheap or easy. Nainggolan from Roma looks a good addition, but he's more "box to box" rather than strictly defensively minded, maybe a Pogba alternative if that deal goes south? Koke from Atletico would be ideal, but unlikely to happen.

I still think we need more pace and width, and I'd look to sell Navas and replace him with a far better version. Sterling has already been added, and I think he'll be a huge success at City. I'd look at adding someone else with pace and width also. Pedro is available, and not too expensive, he's better than Navas, scores more goals, and is more willing to go past the fullback. Marco Reus would be ideal, and you'd have to wonder, given Klopp has gone, and Dortmund seem to be dropping down the hierarchy in Germany, how difficult would it be to bring him to City? Over options are far less likely, people like Bale, and James Rodriguez, both would be extremely expensive and highly unlikely to consider a move to City.
If we are being realistic, we should be going for the best players not currently at top clubs.

Is Aguero, Sterling, Bony, Silva, Nasri, Navas and Toure not potent enough for this league?
It's dropping points against lower placed teams that cost us the title.
Chelsea ground out results when they needed to by being disciplined in defence. We lost to fucking burnley!!!
Address that and the title is ours.

Spot on....we have been top scorers in the league 3 out of the last 4 seasons, Including last season. We need to learn to defend and keep clean sheets and get back to the basics of defending well to lay the foundations. Even Arsenal seem to be learning that and curbing their attacking instinct all the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.