£160,000 a week is *&%"ing ridiculous!

Message to the jealous bastards on the thread:

If you think it is appalling how well paid the players are, then vote with your feet and sod off.

Agree with a lot of points brought up here.

I would like to see a performance based bonus being a large part of their wages though and that's across all teams. Not even sure how you could implement it as what is "good" performance from a Fulham player or team as opposed to "good" performance from a Chelsea player or team.

Brendan110_0 said:
anyone who pays for Sky TV is partly to blame for the huge wages.

Who gives a fuck?

Do you complain about how much singers or movie stars get paid?

Selected A said:
I must say, that wage is a little steep

Steven Ireland's front room looks like some kind of 80's yuppie apartment with that fishtank

Idiot.

-- Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:16 pm --

Immaculate Pasta said:
When you consider that Charlie Sheen gets paid $2m per episode that lasts 20 minutes on such a shit show then 160k a week for physically an dmentally working hard to entertain millions and millions of people around the world seems ok to me.

Yes i think 160k is alot but with all the pressures you get at the top level, the physical work they put themselves through it's not bad when you consider Sheen and his crew get paid 10 times as much for pretending to be someone else.

Pretending to be someone else eh

Like they are pretending to be footballer's you mean?

Erm no, they are footballers.

Brendan110_0 said:
SWP's back said:
Who gives a fuck?

Do you complain about how much singers or movie stars get paid?

I aint complaining, the OP is. lol

Ah right - I thought you were another anti-sky protester. I love my Sky tv, it has all the channels I want and some good football/cricket/rugby etc.

I am also not arsed that it goes to Murdoch. It is £40 per month and good value when compared with the £27.50 (per person) that I am paying to take my other half to the comedy store on saturday.

Yes the players are generally twats in real life and take stuff for granted. £160k per week is silly, as is £50k per week or even £5k per week, but that does not bother me, I do not view them as supermen or role models, I just want them to score more (as a team) than our opponents. They can be as twatty as they like in their own time. I don't feel my seasoncard (£500), should give me the right the dictate how much they get paid.

If anyone wants there to be equal pay for all jobs etc, then move to Cuba and see how communism works.

The wages in football now are unsustainable. The premier league cannot be a proper competition if only one or two clubs who can afford the elite players.

The bigger problem now, which hasn't been there before, is that the other clubs can no longer follow at a reasonable distance. The gap has become too big as the majority have got, or will get, very much poorer.

And even apart from that -loyalty, ambition, feeling for the game - for the club. It all becomes irrelavant if a player need never work again straight after signing the contract.

mammutly said:
The wages in football now are unsustainable. The premier league cannot be a proper competition if only one or two clubs who can afford the elite players.

The bigger problem now, which hasn't been there before, is that the other clubs can no longer follow at a reasonable distance. The gap has become too big as the majority have got, or will get, very much poorer.

And even apart from that -loyalty, ambition, feeling for the game - for the club. It all becomes irrelavant if a player need never work again straight after signing the contract.

Well they should put more effort into their academies then shouldn't they? There is no reason why a club like Bolton for example can produce a Weiss, Ireland, Rodwell, Sturridge ect which would give them a pretty good young side plus a few lower league buys like Joe Hart, Lescott ect.

Immaculate Pasta said:
mammutly said:

Well they should put more effort into their academies then shouldn't they? There is no reason why a club like Bolton for example can produce a Weiss, Ireland, Rodwell, Sturridge ect which would give them a pretty good young side plus a few lower league buys like Joe Hart, Lescott ect.

We couldn't produce them either, just got them from other academies at a late stage.

Corky said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

We couldn't produce them either, just got them from other academies at a late stage.

I know but even then they only cost a "measley" 50k.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.