£160,000 a week is *&%"ing ridiculous!

One other thing to bear in mind is the huge amounts of TV and sponsorship money flooding into the game. It's the players that generate all this income so it's only fair that they are paid accordingly. It would be obscene if top players were being paid say 2k a week when Sky are pumping billions into the Prem.

Oprah earned $200m last year value for money who knows but her employers obviously think so. Its not what a player earns that matters its what the club earns that does. Increased costs should bring increase revenues and thats what our owners are banking on a risk yes but not a financial one as our owners can afford the hit very few if any others can afford to take such risks

I remember the kippax said:
I personally have no problems with the wages that the footballers get...and remember it's only the top 10% that get the fabled £10 million a year - however here's food for thought -

Iain Coucher (Boss of Network Rail) - who can't get the trains running on time - £1.45 million this year

Eric Daniels (Chief Exec of Lloyds TSB) - you know the bank that was bailed out by our money and who now won't give you a loan or a mortgage - £6.2 million last year

Now these are joke figures - when was the last time that 48,000 people applauded them? And please don't start on the nurses' wages - just look at what the Chief Exec of the NHS Trust gets - now that's obscene

Dont even go there mate. All of these people have tremendous pressure on them and probably put in 50+ hours a week, not to mention have worked their arses off for their respected education qualifications. You simply can't compare the sports superstars to the hard working white collar let alone the blue collar workers.

I too am jealous!!

-- Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:02 pm --

mammutly said:
I'm not blaming anyone in particular.

But the situation is ridiculous. £160,000 a week!!!

It's beyond silly.

1) What would be acceptable?

2) Do you ever watch movies?<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:06 pm --<br /><br />
IrishMacca said:
Mikem93 said:
Thats always my argument to people who complain about what footballs get paid, they never have an answer when i ask the difference between a player getting millions and a film star getting millions for a film or a pop star getting millions for a record deal.

A lot of other sports are there where the players are paid a lot less or nothing at all. The high pay reflects on our players poorly, not just ours, but just players in general, their attitude is poor, they've no commitment, no loyalty, no heart. Modern day spoilt brats. No character, no heart.

The other sports with lower pay (Rowing for example), pay less for the simple reason that not as many people pay to watch. It is supply and demand and a marketplace.

You're being stupid again.

No commitment, loyalty, hear, character or heart eh? That go for Messi also? Isn't he one of the highest paid players in the world earning nearly £20M per year with sponsprhip and pay and bonuses?

I agree its crazy money and would be better spent on any manner of charities etc. But, it is what it is, top class athletes in many sports are paid a premium to do what they do.

I'm just glad its City that can finally afford to pay crazy money for crazy good players. :)

When you consider that Charlie Sheen gets paid $2m per episode that lasts 20 minutes on such a shit show then 160k a week for physically an dmentally working hard to entertain millions and millions of people around the world seems ok to me.

Yes i think 160k is alot but with all the pressures you get at the top level, the physical work they put themselves through it's not bad when you consider Sheen and his crew get paid 10 times as much for pretending to be someone else.

Immaculate Pasta said:
When you consider that Charlie Sheen gets paid $2m per episode that lasts 20 minutes on such a shit show then 160k a week for physically an dmentally working hard to entertain millions and millions of people around the world seems ok to me.

Yes i think 160k is alot but with all the pressures you get at the top level, the physical work they put themselves through it's not bad when you consider Sheen and his crew get paid 10 times as much for pretending to be someone else.

Charloe Sheen is ruining tv.

i agree with the op. was thinking about england players coming home to their nice holidays, million pound mansions and model wives. they never look happy. i dont think they realise how lucky they are.

I must say, that wage is a little steep

Steven Ireland's front room looks like some kind of 80's yuppie apartment with that fishtank

Idiot.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:16 pm --<br /><br />
Immaculate Pasta said:

Pretending to be someone else eh

Like they are pretending to be footballer's you mean?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.