£3.69 an hour

Josh Blue

Young lad has just started work where I work, he's only 16 and just started on a temp contract. I was shocked to find out he is only on £3.69 an hour? His age doesn't stop him from doing any of the work everyone else does, he works harder than most but is getting paid less.

Is this anything less than unjustified age discrimination?

The lad pays rent at home and an hours work barely covers his bus fare, I know this is the legal wage for his age but is it morally wrong? Should the government/country be ashamed that young people can be exploited like this?

Piss take I rekon.

Absolute joke but if you want experience in working, you just need to suck it up and carry on. Many 16-17 year olds where I work and they just get on with there job and don't complain about it<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:27 pm --<br /><br />Personally, I think everyone in the same job, doing the same duties, should be paid the same amount regardless of age. Why should someone 18 be paid £4.98 (MW) and someone 17, £3.69 (MW)

I used to Earn 1.20ish per hour less than my colleagues when I was 17 on the basis of my age, in fact I did a fucking lot more than some of the lazy sods that I worked with. Pay should be based on contribution and ability, not on age.

kp789 said:
I used to Earn 1.20ish per hour less than my colleagues when I was 17 on the basis of my age, in fact I did a fucking lot more than some of the lazy sods that I worked with. Pay should be based on contribution and ability, not on age.

Feel really bad for the lad, works harder than most and has a good attitude no reason why he should get paid less than everyone else, I can't see any reason why pay is age based???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.