£56 for home games

sadly its the price of success, its disgusting, but hey what can you do, they have us over a barrel and will continue to shaft us. but tis life, and although city prices have been decent and even cheap over the yrs, the price of the money pumping into city has to be recouped from somewhere sadly.
but i rather see us champions and pay the extra, just to wipe the smirk of them fuckers down road

welsh_andy said:
sadly its the price of success, its disgusting, but hey what can you do, they have us over a barrel and will continue to shaft us. but tis life, and although city prices have been decent and even cheap over the yrs, the price of the money pumping into city has to be recouped from somewhere sadly.
but i rather see us champions and pay the extra, just to wipe the smirk of them fuckers down road

We are hardly being shafted by City. We have one of the best teams in europe. Success coming out of our earholes. Finally really pissing the rags off and out stadium and infrastructure will be second to none if that's being shafted then i suspect evey fan in football would want to feel our pain

jimharri said:
Cheesy said:
I'm fucked basically. Think this is the season I'm finally priced out of going to games.

£104 for two tickets
£30 fuel
£5 parking
£15 food & drink

Over £160 for one game.
For the Saints game;
£56 for the ticket
€42 (£33 at today's exchange rate) for the flight to Liverpool (nearly €190 direct to Manc!) from my local airport.
£12 return coach fare from Dipperland to Manc.
No accomodation expense for this game. Not always the case though, so around £100.
£40-50 for extras (food,drink, something CHEAP from the store).

So around £250-260 for a game where I have to shell out for accomodation.

Move back/or to Manchester then. Not a dig, 'just saying'. Ur plight is not as sad as a father of two in Greater Manchester on low/mid wages.

Would cost me at least 1200 pounds to come back for just one match. Money I just don't have. Sat in a jam in a mates car in Gorton on black ice, freezing to the bone and pissed on all afternoon/night. Ill pass.

blue44 said:
geoffchall said:
If you look back, you'll see that there has been a long-term trend going on. We had season tickets around 2004-07 and I can remember calculating that if we were going to miss any more than a couple of games, there was no point having an ST. Tickets were typically early £30's for premiership games, Cat A games getting to £35. Since then STs haven't moved a great deal in price and big increases in actual tickets have burst through the £50 barrier for Cat A games last year. The end result is that buying an ST is a much more viable move.

One thing I hope the club are insistent on, is that away fans should be pinned down to some specific numbers. Nothing pisses off more than a game where we have sold out our home tickets and a bunch of 1,000 pie-eating Wigan fans are sprawled across two decks, leaving 2,500 empty seats. It looks bad, cuts revenue and leaves City fans ticketless.

for the last 2 or maybe 3 seasons,city have kept the 2nd tier above the away fans for city fans cos they know wigan ,fulham etc won't sell out,the home game v fulham 2 seasons ago,city gave a brilliant deal,think it was 2 adults 2 kids in 213,214,215 2nd level for about £50,check our ticket website frequently i say !

Not just the upper tier........some of the lower tier too sometimes.

whothefisAlice said:
jimharri said:
Cheesy said:
I'm fucked basically. Think this is the season I'm finally priced out of going to games.

£104 for two tickets
£30 fuel
£5 parking
£15 food & drink

Over £160 for one game.
For the Saints game;
£56 for the ticket
€42 (£33 at today's exchange rate) for the flight to Liverpool (nearly €190 direct to Manc!) from my local airport.
£12 return coach fare from Dipperland to Manc.
No accomodation expense for this game. Not always the case though, so around £100.
£40-50 for extras (food,drink, something CHEAP from the store).

So around £250-260 for a game where I have to shell out for accomodation.

Move back/or to Manchester then. Not a dig, 'just saying'. Ur plight is not as sad as a father of two in Greater Manchester on low/mid wages.

Would cost me at least 1200 pounds to come back for just one match. Money I just don't have. Sat in a jam in a mates car in Gorton on black ice, freezing to the bone and pissed on all afternoon/night. Ill pass.

I got return flights to Manchester for €44 booked them the day Sky Live released the games they were showing so I got my flights for next to nothing, So for me it's:
Flights: €44
Tickets: €140
Bus (return) to Dublin Airport: €10

Now have to start putting away money for spending for the usual, Drinks, Food ect

Ridiculous if you ask me.

Glad I have seen us win a cup and the league because if this carries on then more and more will be priced out including me.

How people can defend this is beyond me.

Suppose this season will test my love for City as I just spent half my job seekers on the Southampton game

has anyone posted about giving up food, not paying your mortgage, selling your kids etc, normally get one dickhead who thinks you should pay whatever the cost.

i have really enjoyed the last 35 years watching city, over 140 different grounds, and finally seeing us win something, sadly it looks like i wont be able to carry on the tradition with my kids of taking them everywhere, football doesn't want my kind of support anymore.

well done platini you arsehole.

Why can German clubs charge £10 for tickets but our clubs charge £50+?

Bundasliga is everything the premier league should have been. Safe standing, beer in the terraces (I know about Hillsborough, yes but surely there is a way of doing this safely), cheap tickets etc. We are in fact the complete opposite and it's absolutely disgusting.

We were once the inspiration to these foreign supporters and now we're a laughing stock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.