£56 for home games

Ticket sales don't generate much income as has already been said so there must be some reasoning behind the ticket prices. The cost to attend individual games must be priced high to encourage season ticket sales. If it was only £25 to attend each game would season tickets sell out? As it is, season tickets have sold out because they represent decent value compared to the cost of paying for each game at a time so maybe there is method to the madness.

I do not have a season ticket btw and believe that £52 is too excessive. Season tickets would still represent good value compared to a cost of say £40 per game.

HollinwoodBlue said:
Ticket sales don't generate much income as has already been said so there must be some reasoning behind the ticket prices. The cost to attend individual games must be priced high to encourage season ticket sales. If it was only £25 to attend each game would season tickets sell out? As it is, season tickets have sold out because they represent decent value compared to the cost of paying for each game at a time so maybe there is method to the madness.

I do not have a season ticket btw and believe that £52 is too excessive. Season tickets would still represent good value compared to a cost of say £40 per game.

manchester city should be available to all, season ticket or not, i buy a season ticket because i know i will be attending all the matches, not because of the financial incentive., its a sad day when a home game v southampton would take up virtually half a weeks wage for a dad with 2 kids on modest money

LoveCity said:
Not to be a twat but how many people who complain have expensive phone contracts, like to drink a lot, smoke, drive to places where they can walk, and so on? These are not all essentials in life. I've found that with a little thought and effort I can afford my season ticket and travel costs comfortably while earning very modest money. Of course it's a lot different if you have kids which I don't as they eat through your money but my point is I think there are always luxuries that can be cut down on if you really want to watch City. I don't drink, smoke, buy DVDs/CDs, and walk or use the bus, and am comfortable even in this economy.

I have a season ticket, have done for over 20 years, but struggle to fund it now due to lots of problems (but not giving it up, i can't..). But just wanted to reply about the above quote.
Maybe some are like that yeah, but on here there's always an assumption that almost everyone has disposable income they can cut out to then save up for football.
I don't have a phone contract (pay as you go for emergency only!), i don't drink, don't smoke, don't drive, don't have fancy holidays, don't go to the cinema, don't have sky or cable, and so far due to some health problems with my girly bits i've no kids either :( But my financies are up shit creak. I made it this time with the season ticket, and plan to try again next year too. But some people simply have nothing they can "cut out" to be able to save for city anymore, but does that make it right that prices continue to rise against the rate of inflation, people's wages or benefits don't go up, many wages are going down and you get made to feel grateful you still even have a job. But i'm in debt to pay for my season ticket again, and i really feel for those who can't afford to go anymore at all.

(ps - those that DO drink and smoke etc - i agree, cut down and you'll see the difference!)

kippaxkid74 said:
LoveCity said:
Not to be a twat but how many people who complain have expensive phone contracts, like to drink a lot, smoke, drive to places where they can walk, and so on? These are not all essentials in life. I've found that with a little thought and effort I can afford my season ticket and travel costs comfortably while earning very modest money. Of course it's a lot different if you have kids which I don't as they eat through your money but my point is I think there are always luxuries that can be cut down on if you really want to watch City. I don't drink, smoke, buy DVDs/CDs, and walk or use the bus, and am comfortable even in this economy.

I have a season ticket, have done for over 20 years, but struggle to fund it now due to lots of problems (but not giving it up, i can't..). But just wanted to reply about the above quote.
Maybe some are like that yeah, but on here there's always an assumption that almost everyone has disposable income they can cut out to then save up for football.
I don't have a phone contract (pay as you go for emergency only!), i don't drink, don't smoke, don't drive, don't have fancy holidays, don't go to the cinema, don't have sky or cable, and so far due to some health problems with my girly bits i've no kids either :( But my financies are up shit creak. I made it this time with the season ticket, and plan to try again next year too. But some people simply have nothing they can "cut out" to be able to save for city anymore, but does that make it right that prices continue to rise against the rate of inflation, people's wages or benefits don't go up, many wages are going down and you get made to feel grateful you still even have a job. But i'm in debt to pay for my season ticket again, and i really feel for those who can't afford to go anymore at all.

(ps - those that DO drink and smoke etc - i agree, cut down and you'll see the difference!)

totally agree, and what kind of world do we live in where a football match takes all of your disposable income.

kippaxkid74 said:
LoveCity said:

Superb post KK74.

kippaxkid74 said:
LoveCity said:

Good post and I should clarify that I never intended to make it sound like EVERYONE could afford to go if they cut down on luxuries. However for many people in the position of not being able to afford to go, I think cutting out certain things makes it affordable - nearly everyone I know has a pricy phone contract which I find completely unnecessary, did we need to use our phones so much before the mobile phenomenon? Much of it is just vanity now, txting and calling mates all the time over things that aren't really necessary. If I lived a luxury heavy lifestyle I couldn't afford to go either, I used to spend a lot of money on things like DVDs and cut it out, which helps me afford pursuing my hobby of watching City at home.

LoveCity said:

I do agree ticket prices are too high now though but look at our own club for part of the blame... the wages City (and the rest of the big boys) pay players are absolutely obscene, when I see a player like De Jong refusing to sign a new contract because City will only pay something like £85,000/week compared to the £100,000/week he wants it really is sickening. We idolise them because they entertain us but they live in a bubble where they fight clubs over a matter of thousands when they earn more in a week then most of us do in two years. And the higher these wages go, the greater the money leaving the club is which needs to be made back.

Exactly. A financial and emotional (responsibility involved) resource drain never seen the appeal in "settling down" with a wife and 2 kids. There's people in my family who have (well aside from being married) and they know my thoughts about that. I do waste money on unessential things sometimes but at least its wasted on myself not others.

I'm teetotal never seem to see anyone complaining about the ridiculous price of alcohol and that isn't just at football stadiums. Not to mention the price of cancer sticks which I wouldn't accept if they were free.

fathellensbellend said:
The Pink Panther said:
fathellensbellend said:
has anyone posted about giving up food, not paying your mortgage, selling your kids etc, normally get one dickhead who thinks you should pay whatever the cost.

i have really enjoyed the last 35 years watching city, over 140 different grounds, and finally seeing us win something, sadly it looks like i wont be able to carry on the tradition with my kids of taking them everywhere, football doesn't want my kind of support anymore.

well done platini you arsehole.

He's not totally to blame
When you take into account a very average premier league player earns between 40 and 60 thousand pounds a week, you can see why ticket costs are so high around the country

while agreeing to an extent with what you are saying, where is the logic in city having mega rich owners, but a system that doesnt allow them to invest in their own property without falling foul of ffp. The extra ticket revenue is miniscule to our owner, but massive to the fans on modest wages, but the system means we as a club have to bleed the fans dry, when in truth our owner would "happily" invest in the club. To be honest the whole ticket issue is becoming tiresome, and i can see thousands of fans from all clubs voting with their feet, and it'w way way overdue.

It has been going on for years mate, well before Plattini and his ridiculous floored legistlation
I remember hearing a debate years ago on the radio about ticket prices in England vs Germany (it will have been 1998)
A Shalke fan was invited to Newcastle and was talking to some directors and supporters. When the Shalke fan was asked how much his season ticket cost, the Geordies were astounded that it worked out to less than £100 a season and equally the Shalke fan was shocked that the Geordies were being charged in excess of £400 for theirs.
The Geordie supporters turned to the directors and voiced their frustration and one director said "we have to charge that if you want a successful team that's playing European competition"
The Shalke fan then piped up "We won the UEFA cup last season"

its high time safe standing returned to british football, we are being treated like idiots, it's not the eighties anymore, if city had terracing in the lower bowl at the etihad the capacity would probably be 65000, more people in the stadium cheaper prices and a better atmosphere.

what is happening isnt fair, and if people can stand in europe then we should be allowed to stand here, considering i thought we were part of europe.

failing that we could have a system where you pay to watch a half of football, then a new crowd appears for the second half.

Just to add to this:
My mates just rung city to upgrade my old man OAP season ticket in the East stand to a regular ticket for the first game. Now I was expecting anything from £20-25 to do this... £37 it's cost him, £37! That could buy you a regular ticket last season never mind upgrade. If my Old man had bought a regular ticket like mine it'd work out £28 per match which is excellent & when he can't go mates would pay that, but to ask an additional £37 is beyond what we expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.