£56 for home games

SWP's back said:
jimharri said:
Hence the rules (wrong word, but the right one won't come to me) of ''market forces'' and ''supply and demand'' come into play. Lots of blues want to see the game, there is only a limited supply of available tickets. Therefore, the game sells out.
Those aren't the rules of supply and demand.

The rules are:

Limited supply + increased demand = increase in cost

Which looks to be what has happened.
Apologies. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Who is to say if the stadium capacity gets increased that tickets will remain high because as SWP says if demand outstrips supply even on a 60k seater stadia there is only one outcome=HIGHER TICKET PRICES.

Dubai Blue said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Come in Peoffrey,Fathelens etc...Please explain why this game has sold out when apparently it is way to pricey to support the club
It's not a matter of it selling out; that was never in doubt. It's a matter of who it has sold out to. The whole argument behind this thread was concerns about our traditional supporter base being squeezed out, and as a number of people have openly stated on here that they simply can't afford £56 anymore, that is clearly already the case. Yes, they have been quickly replaced, but the point was that they didn't need to be.
I could afford but wouldn't pay £56.

I choose the inexpensive £45 per month to have a SC and work it out as about £10 per week to feel part of the club.

But I would say, not all of the tickets were £56 were they? Just the 2nd level which the club have said would be going up more and more in price as they were looking to make it more corporate (I distinctly remember it being said at a couple of POB meetings).

If Dave Working Class can't afford to sit in Level 2 in one of the most sought after matches, they could always wait and choose a less attractive match to attend could they not? Or buy a bit quicker and get in Level 1.

I don't buy into all this "traditional supporter base" stuff at all as if everyone that supports City is on the bread line.

All this moaning about one of the 3 tiers increasing in price by £4, for one of the most highly anticipated games in months.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:50 pm --<br /><br />
jimharri said:
SWP's back said:
jimharri said:
Hence the rules (wrong word, but the right one won't come to me) of ''market forces'' and ''supply and demand'' come into play. Lots of blues want to see the game, there is only a limited supply of available tickets. Therefore, the game sells out.

The rules are:

No problem, I feel for you travelling all that way every game mate. You must be fucking mad.

SWP's back said:
peoffrey said:
LoveCity said:
Sold out.

Right you are. http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2012/July/City-v-Southampton-sold-out

Horace, Boris and Miles are looking forwards to putting their Blazers on and going to the soccer.
Hang on a minute, you call me a scrote in the pejorative then have a go at people from Hale Barns, or anyone not working class that may be called Horace, Boris or Miles.

So which is it?

Miles cannot make now busy with deck quoits

room for one more of you west gorton chappies?

SWP's back said:
Dubai Blue said:
Come in Peoffrey,Fathelens etc...Please explain why this game has sold out when apparently it is way to pricey to support the club
It's not a matter of it selling out; that was never in doubt. It's a matter of who it has sold out to. The whole argument behind this thread was concerns about our traditional supporter base being squeezed out, and as a number of people have openly stated on here that they simply can't afford £56 anymore, that is clearly already the case. Yes, they have been quickly replaced, but the point was that they didn't need to be.
I could afford but wouldn't pay £56.

I choose the inexpensive £45 per month to have a SC and work it out as about £10 per week to feel part of the club.

But I would say, not all of the tickets were £56 were they? Just the 2nd level which the club have said would be going up more and more in price as they were looking to make it more corporate (I distinctly remember it being said at a couple of POB meetings).

If Dave Working Class can't afford to sit in Level 2 in one of the most sought after matches, they could always wait and choose a less attractive match to attend could they not? Or buy a bit quicker and get in Level 1.

I don't buy into all this "traditional supporter base" stuff at all as if everyone that supports City is on the bread line.

All this moaning about one of the 3 tiers increasing in price by £4, for one of the most highly anticipated games in months.

-- Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:50 pm --

jimharri said:
SWP's back said:

The rules are:

No problem, I feel for you travelling all that way every game mate. You must be fucking mad.
It's not every game, unfortunately. I'm not that well off! and yes; I am mad. No sane person would do it!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
peoffrey said:
Is that first part of your reply available in English? I've read it three times and it's appauling language for a nouveau riche man like you.

As one of the the offspring of the nouveau riche I couldn't pass up the opportunity to highlight your delicious spelling in this post, which in the context of the rest of the sentence dilutes somewhat the impact of your clumsy attempt to use this term in a pejorative sense.

Not quite. I was actually being ironic and spelled it wrong on purpose. Joey Barton does it all the time on Twitter.

SWP's back said:
I get frustrated if the traffic makes the journey take 25 minutes mate.
I can fly over from Knock to Liverpool in about 50 minutes, then 50-ish minute coach trip to Manchester. Unfortunately, due to flight timetables, it involves a two night stop over in M/cr so, from leaving my house on saturday afternoon (15 minute drive to the airport) to getting back monday afternoon, two days. The only alternative is to fly from Dublin (2.5 hour drive) in the silly hours of sunday morning, and fly back again sunday night, getting home around 3 am on monday morning. I've done it a few times and believe me, getting up again 3 hours later for work is no joke when you get to a certain vintage!

Who is to say if the stadium capacity gets increased that tickets will remain high because as SWP says if demand outstrips supply even on a 60k seater stadia there is only one outcome=HIGHER TICKET PRICES.

Do you think that City will reduce ticket prices if the Stadium capacity is increased to 60k? If £50+ tickets are selling regardless in the 3rd tier (backed up by the sold out Southampton match) then they'll surely continue to charge the going rate as opposed to reducing prices for everyone else?

On a tangent, I wonder what they'll do with the away fans if there's a 3rd tier on each end? Continue their threat to move them up in to the Gods?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.