£56 for home games

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Come in Peoffrey,Fathelens etc...Please explain why this game has sold out when apparently it is way to pricey to support the club

It's too pricey for a significant percentage of our traditional support and fanbase. What we now will do is attract glory hunters, tourists, randoms and people simply there to watch the Premiership Champions. Fortunately I'm a Seasoncard holder and will be around genuine Blues who know and love the Club like no other.

Come in Peoffrey,Fathelens etc...Please explain why this game has sold out when apparently it is way to pricey to support the club
Just back after being out for an hour or so. If you're including me in the ''etc's'' (and I would guess that you are even though you haven't listed me above), then let me clarify one or two issues;

1.I've debated the issues calmly, politely and clearly with you in particular on here. Agreed?
2. At no point, to the best of my memory, did I say that the game wouldn't sell out. If anyone can find a post where I said otherwise, please feel free to post/quote it.
3. As for explaining why it has sold out when I thought it was too expensive, I am certain that i did say that with it being the first game of the season (and us coming out as champions) demand would be high. Hence the rules (wrong word, but the right one won't come to me) of ''market forces'' and ''supply and demand'' come into play. Lots of blues want to see the game, there is only a limited supply of available tickets. Therefore, the game sells out.
4.It still doesn't alter my feeling that, for a game against opposition the calibre of Southampton, ranking this game as a Category A fixture is wrong. If the fixture was being played in late october it would be, at best, a catgory B fixture. That is what surprised/disappointed me.

Hopefully this clarifies one or two issues.

cannot remember ever saying it wouldnt sell out, 36000 season tickets 2800 away fans, a number of hospitality packages, probably only 5/6000 tickets to sell, i think you have missed the point of the whole thread, to your mind it's a bit like saying if we had a capacity of 1, and the ticket is a million pound, and it sold out, so it's justified.

anyhow don't ask me, i have a season ticket, ask the people who cannot afford to work 3 days to take their family to one game of football, i am sure you will feel extremely proud of yourself.

Sorry my English isn't up to your standards,I am only a working class boy who went to comprehensive. Insult me all you like but I worked hard to get where I am in life and am proud of that fact.What I was trying to say is that you make a choice to drink in Wetherspoons which is cheaper than many pubs because of the price. I only go to about 2-3 away games per season so I will not comment on that.

Nouveau riche??? What the fuck do you think I do for a living. If you must know I work in the public sector,have had no pay rise for 3 years and have had the threat of redundancy over me (and still have). It is all about CHOICE-End of.

Well, it's technically only an insult if it's true so I'm pleased to hear I've managed to upset you by giving you a few home truths. I don't think there's a more indignant poster on this thread!

I sincerely hope you don't lose your job and empathise because the feeling that these kind of things will happen don't add anything positive to the workplace - but if you are unfortunate to no longer be pulling in the wage you were then perhaps you might see it from our point of view. City tickets are becoming too expensive for the average man in the street. Everything is going up in price yet salaries are not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.