£56 for home games

M24-CRC said:
Cat A game (which the first home game for the reigning champions surely is, no matter who we play).........what cost were these last season then? I think you will find that these were also near to £50
Fair point. The Liverpool league game was £48 so, going on categories, an £8 rise.

xWrgL.png

Not as steep as appeared at first glance. However, it is still a 16% increase. What's the current rate of inflation? 4%? Plus, I haven't had a pay rise in over 5 years now. It all adds up. Plus, putting Southampton into category A, simply because of when we play them is a bit strong. If we were playing them in october, would they even be in category B? Ah well; whatever. I've stumped up anyway. Can't wait for it now!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2859977,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDeta ... 77,00.html</a>

Southampton being charged £49 for SS lower and £51 for upper. Jesus.

psychocandy said:
the biggest disgrace about the price is it gains very little income

take away the 36k s/cards the 4/5k away fans that means your fleecing about 7/8k city fans
Fucking this^!

All money from everyone's SeasonCards barely stretches over four players wages (possibly only two of the higher earners). Ticket money is worth very little to the club, increases in ticket prices are almost worth fuck all to the club. Yet the price of a ticket really impacts a whole month for the average fan. I like to get to one away game a month, that's all I can afford, if even SC prices go up much further it might be that I can only afford one away game every other month. How a working class family man with two or three kids is going to be able to afford to watch City soon, is beyond me.

Halfpenny said:
http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2859977,00.html

Same as City fans then. I priced 212, just above and to the right of the away block, earlier. £51.

It's my opinion (and i've said it a few times in the past couple of years) that ticket prices are beyond a joke.

£580 might seem reasonable by comparison, but it's still a huge rip off for what you actually get.

£49/51 for Saints fans (and our own) is bollocks, if this was the other way round, i'm sure plenty would be moaning about Southampton being cheeky fuckers.

Seems we're doing it now too, considering the amount we're getting from TV, it'd be nice to see us buck the trend and charge 'fair' prices.

jimharri said:
Halfpenny said:
http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2859977,00.html

Same as City fans then. I priced 212, just above and to the right of the away block, earlier. £51.
These are London prices, I'm saddened City have chosen to go down this route. I'm on a season ticket but this is shutting the door for normal fans who live too far away to justify a season ticket/can't afford the initial outlay. I know we shouldn't have expected low ticket prices forever, with every game a sell out now, but this is an absolute joke.

M24-CRC said:
the prices being stated are the going rate now (bar a few premier league clubs) and as some have already said there will be more demand this season......simple rule of business...... 'supply and demand'

Our season ticket prices are very good value, especially when you take into account the quality product we are now seeing.

For those who have to travel from afar, even from overseas, I'm not being funny but the extra few quid on ticket prices this season can't really be such a big burden can it? If you could afford travel/tickets last (and previous) season then unless your circumstances have changed surely a few quid (£5-10) extra wont hurt?
Fair point, but there is a breaking point. Last season I only attended 7 home games because I don't live local so the cost of watching City is more expensive as it costs about 35quid to get there and back. So even then it was a dear do, and going to one game per month would mean I'd have to miss out on other things during the month (as do most I imagine). At some point, you have to stop thinking 'it's only an extra tenner' because if you adapted that attitude for everything you'd be in trouble.

I dread to think how supporters with families are going to be able to afford to go to the odd game.

danburge82 said:
psychocandy said:
the biggest disgrace about the price is it gains very little income

take away the 36k s/cards the 4/5k away fans that means your fleecing about 7/8k city fans
Fucking this^!

All money from everyone's SeasonCards barely stretches over four players wages (possibly only two of the higher earners). Ticket money is worth very little to the club, increases in ticket prices are almost worth fuck all to the club. Yet the price of a ticket really impacts a whole month for the average fan. I like to get to one away game a month, that's all I can afford, if even SC prices go up much further it might be that I can only afford one away game every other month. How a working class family man with two or three kids is going to be able to afford to watch City soon, is beyond me.
A £15 price cut on the estimated 12,000 tickets sold on a match-by-match basis to City fans and away fans would cost the club just £3.42m over a 19-game season. That's about what we paid for Roque Santa Cruz's right arm. It's a disgrace squeezing the fans like this for so little return.

M24-CRC said:
Our season ticket prices are very good value, especially when you take into account the quality product we are now seeing.

... and what if these price hikes are just testing the water. Would you be so understanding if the price of season tickets increased by the same percentage next year ?

ABSOLOUTELY SHOCKING CITY!! SHAME ON YOU!! TODAY YOU DISGUST ME<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:14 am --<br /><br />
Hamann Pineapple said:
M24-CRC said:

... and what if these price hikes are just testing the water. Would you be so understanding if the price of season tickets increased by the same percentage next year ?

This obviously will happen, if not next season, the season after that. Our club that we have stuck by is changing. yeah we will get titles but I feel eventually I'll lose my club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.