£72 million over 6 years?

Marvin said:
Caveman said:
br62 said:
Some people have got to realise that we are well behind Arsenal and Liverpool in the global scale of things. Clearly, we are doing our best to catch up but it takes time.....great strides have been made and a lot will depend on how we do in the next few years. Another Premier League title or some good runs in the Champions League will really boost our profile world wide.
It was noticeable from the posts on this forum and from the atmosphere this season at the Etihad - just from us winning the FA Cup and Premier League - that a lot of our fanbase's view of how big a club and name Manchester City Football Club is wholly unrealistic. Fans' expectations of what we 'should be' doing or how much they feel they 'should be' entertained or how many goals or points they demand to see were too high.

We're ever growing but growing from being a very average club. We've won trophies but not established ourselves as anything, yet. We've barely played in Europe much, clubs like CFR Cluj have a bigger CL pedigree than we do. Worldwide our income is ever growing but compared to the likes of Arsenal we're miles behind, for now.

We are not a huge name yet in the football world. We're getting there slowly, but it will take time, just like everything else has done.

I've said this a few times but I reckon we're at about the level Deportivo La Caruña or Wolfsburg were at the time they were winning their respective league's titles. That's where we are as a club, for me, for now. Yet some think we're at Madrid or München's level already.
We're not miles behind Arsenal in any sense.

Shirt sales?

Marvin said:
Caveman said:
br62 said:
Some people have got to realise that we are well behind Arsenal and Liverpool in the global scale of things. Clearly, we are doing our best to catch up but it takes time.....great strides have been made and a lot will depend on how we do in the next few years. Another Premier League title or some good runs in the Champions League will really boost our profile world wide.
It was noticeable from the posts on this forum and from the atmosphere this season at the Etihad - just from us winning the FA Cup and Premier League - that a lot of our fanbase's view of how big a club and name Manchester City Football Club is wholly unrealistic. Fans' expectations of what we 'should be' doing or how much they feel they 'should be' entertained or how many goals or points they demand to see were too high.

We're ever growing but growing from being a very average club. We've won trophies but not established ourselves as anything, yet. We've barely played in Europe much, clubs like CFR Cluj have a bigger CL pedigree than we do. Worldwide our income is ever growing but compared to the likes of Arsenal we're miles behind, for now.

We are not a huge name yet in the football world. We're getting there slowly, but it will take time, just like everything else has done.

I've said this a few times but I reckon we're at about the level Deportivo La Caruña or Wolfsburg were at the time they were winning their respective league's titles. That's where we are as a club, for me, for now. Yet some think we're at Madrid or München's level already.

I usually agree with your posts Marvin, but have to disagree here big man.

I live in SE Asia, as one may have guessed. Given the attention focussed here by the bigger clubs, I have to assume this part of the world represents a fanbase worth tapping into.
I see Arsenal, Rag, Chelski and Liverpool shirts everywhere, though many are undoubtedly fakes!. Thaksin's brief PR soiree with City has inspired more City fans in Thailand, but in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.etc. when these other teams come to town they generate far more excitement than City have in the recent past. Local TV networks hold major events when the various 'Reds' are playing and they are New Year's Eve level!!!

This will change as a new generation of fans grow up with City as a Premier League power. Our era is on the way!

el bee said:
zeven said:
[
add exposure to that as well.

So the £12m could actually be a lost leader?
By my reckoning for Nike to get their money back they'd need to shift City branded stock with a total retail value of around £50m, which seems a hell of a lot sales to me - unless you can guarantee a number of high volume campaigns in the year i.e. initial release, cup final shirt, "champions 12" etc.

No, that would be David Cameron.

MSP said:
Marvin said:
Caveman said:

Miles and miles when it come to global fan base. Only madrid, barcelona and rags have more fans globally than arsenal. they are everywhere.

Anyway, i still think it's not a best deal but I'm sure there is something around that we don't know. It might be connected with some deals with NYCFC, some player sponsorship etc, etc..

What happened yesterday showed us that there is always something that we don't know and that it's usually very, very good stuff.

Judging by the 2 clubs' revenue figures for year end May 2012 all those Arsenal fans aren't buying much, as we're almost neck and neck with them already.

danebanksheik said:
Uber Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Will be renegotiated before too long, you can bet on that.

I hope so. As posted by Zeven, compared to other teams it doesn't seem that impressive
This isn't about where we are ranked. Nike will only pay the worth to them - which is mainly driven by sales. We are nowhere near the sales volume of the Rags, Chelsea, Arse & Liverpool yet, only continued success will change this and really we have only just started.

We don't sell more as we're much cooler than that lot who feel the need to wear ill fitting, overpriced polyester tat.

S04 said:
el bee said:
How does this all work?
They give us £12m/yr then what?
Do the club get shirts cheap/free to sell in the shop? Do we get a cut of all shirts sold?
Do we get a larger cut after a threshold of sales?
Never really understood it.

We get £12m p.a
They manufacture and sell our shirt, that´s where they get their money.
I guess MCFC gets a certain number of free shirts as well.
Stuff sold in our own shops we make extra money on of course.

Surely this is nonsense?

The 12M or whatever is for the goodness of promoting Nike brand as a top club with millions of fans (or so). Shirts, scarves, hats, dildos and everything else are then done on a wholesale supplier basis, where the club gets shirts at a certain price and sells them on higher and this contributes to our commercial revenue.

That's how retail works.

12 mill per season for the kit....

Etihad....30 million per yer for the academy/new training complex

If reports are to be reported.....££££££ for a new shirt deal...

It's all good IMO

It's not really a new deal though is it ? It's just the 10 year Umbro deal we signed 4 years ago being moved by the heads at Nike (who own/ed umbro) over to Nike from Umbro as they are selling Umbro off.

So those thinking the numbers are a bit short would be right, as they are four years out of date.

Not an expert though but that's what I understand this to be.

john@staustell said:
MSP said:
Marvin said:

Miles and miles when it come to global fan base. Only madrid, barcelona and rags have more fans globally than arsenal. they are everywhere.

Anyway, i still think it's not a best deal but I'm sure there is something around that we don't know. It might be connected with some deals with NYCFC, some player sponsorship etc, etc..

What happened yesterday showed us that there is always something that we don't know and that it's usually very, very good stuff.

Judging by the 2 clubs' revenue figures for year end May 2012 all those Arsenal fans aren't buying much, as we're almost neck and neck with them already.
Yes, that's what I was refering to. City's annual a/cs for end of 2011/12 season showed that we had broken £200m revenue for the first time. Level with Arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.