Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negredo scored 25 goals in La Liga. He has averaged 1 in 2 over 4 seasons for a club outside the top 4 in Spanish football. That's pretty special

What we need is a proven goal scorer at the top level and that's exactly what Negredo is

gio's side step said:
hgblue said:
gio's side step said:

What do you make of this signing mate? I'm underwhelmed, especially with the likes of Higuain, Ibra and Suarez up for grabs.

Put it this way, other clubs are being linked with Rooney, Bale, Fabregas, Higuain, Suarez etc and we're signing Jovetic and Negredo.

I've just woke up so you might just be fishing and I've got you completely wrong. Suarez won't go to another english club, he's just trying to get madrid to hurry the deal along, Rooney No, Bale same as Suaraz (Madrid, Barca, Bayern or a french club if they win the chumps league).

I'd like to think we'd give theses players a chance to prove themselves before we start to under value their potential in a city shirt.

I don't know much about Jovetic, but going off most reports we've strengthened in the areas which needed strengthened.

We could probably have made a marquee signing for up top, if we didn't badly need a right winger, a central midfielder and a left sided player. Given that we've spent 65m or so depending which report you believe on these 3 positions, a marquee striker was never going to happen for FFP reasons.

jake28 said:
While all good signings i expected one top top signing for us to really kick on both commercially and on the pitch. We are still someway short of competing with the best in Europe and that's dissapointing.

I honestly don't think we are far from competing at all, we had a very poor season by the standards we have set out for ourselves last season and still came second in the Premier League and got to the FA Cup Semi-Final. We battered United at Old Trafford for a second season running, even when they got the equaliser I don't think any of us were in any doubt we were still going to win that game. The Champions League was a disappointment but we took the lead at the Bernabeu twice but just didn't have the belief to keep playing and sat back and got punished for it but we had enough to beat them and that was without Aguero's pace on the break which could have given us more options that day. The only team who truly smashed us was Dortmund and they were just quicker and stronger in midfield but hopefully with Fernandinho and Navas we will have enough to go toe to toe with them in that type of game this season.

ayrshire_blue said:
I don't know much about Jovetic, but going off most reports we've strengthened in the areas which needed strengthened.

We could probably have made a marquee signing for up top, if we didn't badly need a right winger, a central midfielder and a left sided player. Given that we've spent 65m or so depending which report you believe on these 3 positions, a marquee striker was never going to happen for FFP reasons.

Tell PSG that. U can understand Sheikh Mansour wanting to run city as a profitable business but why should he have a deadline to do it. It's nonsense and should be treated as such.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:46 am --<br /><br />
fatbloke said:
jake28 said:
While all good signings i expected one top top signing for us to really kick on both commercially and on the pitch. We are still someway short of competing with the best in Europe and that's dissapointing.

I honestly don't think we are far from competing at all, we had a very poor season by the standards we have set out for ourselves last season and still came second in the Premier League and got to the FA Cup Semi-Final. We battered United at Old Trafford for a second season running, even when they got the equaliser I don't think any of us were in any doubt we were still going to win that game. The Champions League was a disappointment but we took the lead at the Bernabeu twice but just didn't have the belief to keep playing and sat back and got punished for it but we had enough to beat them and that was without Aguero's pace on the break which could have given us more options that day. The only team who truly smashed us was Dortmund and they were just quicker and stronger in midfield but hopefully with Fernandinho and Navas we will have enough to go toe to toe with them in that type of game this season.

Fair enough,you make good points. I'm just a pessimist:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.