Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrancoisToure said:
markbmcfc said:
Ducado said:
So if he does sign for us, what does he bring to the team that we are missing?

An actual target man, not in the sense of lumping it to him, but he won't drag himself wide and deep like our other strikers do.

When Navas beats his man, he'll always have a target to aim for, and the boy can finish.

An intelligent signing rather than an 'exciting' one.

Not having a go. Honest question...I don't watch a lot of Sevilla. My understanding about Navas is he has a great cross. Last season though he had very few assists (though many focused on his chances created as a better stat than assists). That makes perfect sense to me....But that implies that he didn't have a great finisher on the end of his crosses.

So why did Navas have so many chances created but so few assists if Negredo is so clinical.

-- Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:40 pm --

Davs 19 said:
dannybcity said:
Essentially another Dzeko then?

Nothing like mate, nothing like.

Can you explain? I would love him not to be like Dzeko...just haven't seen him much.
He has a better touch and doesn't move out wide or come deep where he will be ineffective. He also actually wins headers, unlike Dzeko, who, if he can't get a foul or bring it down on his chest, loses the ball. He also has a lot more strength than Dzeko, and can bully defenders in a way Dzeko can't/doesn't want to. Also, he is left footed which may help the balance of the attack. Oh, and he is good a penalties.

bluethai said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/DCekw.gif[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/p7xn2.gif[/bigimg]

Superb. I couldn't ever see Dzeko doing that.

Jumanji said:
Always been impressed with his quality on the ball which is quite underrated whenever I've watched him.

I remember a poster on here knocking his touch, but I'm sorry that's rubbish.

A nice little youtube vid I saw earlier today showing some of his all around game:

[customary youtube disclaimer]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mptpP4hxEk[/youtube]

Seems he's really nothing like Dzeko, if that video is representative.

FrancoisToure said:
markbmcfc said:
Ducado said:

An actual target man, not in the sense of lumping it to him, but he won't drag himself wide and deep like our other strikers do.

When Navas beats his man, he'll always have a target to aim for, and the boy can finish.

Not having a go. Honest question...I don't watch a lot of Sevilla. My understanding about Navas is he has a great cross. Last season though he had very few assists (though many focused on his chances created as a better stat than assists). That makes perfect sense to me....But that implies that he didn't have a great finisher on the end of his crosses.

So why did Navas have so many chances created but so few assists if Negredo is so clinical.

Davs 19 said:
dannybcity said:

Can you explain? I would love him not to be like Dzeko...just haven't seen him much.

Nothing against Edin, he has his merits but this guy gives a master class in how to lead the line. Uses his physicality well, not afraid to get in where it hurts, holds the ball up brilliantly and scores all sorts of goals. He also keeps defenders honest for the full 90 minutes.

As you may have gathered, I'll be made up if he signs :)

Negredo's shorter than Dzeko but taller than Aguero.

Better in the air than Aguero but not as good in the air as Dzeko

Better finisher and touch than Dzeko but not as good as Aguero

Faster than Dzeko but not as fast as Aguero

He's a good complimentary striker IMO. Good signing.

Andouble said:

Dzeko for a big lad is shit in the air

Painful seeing people talk him up now we're linked with him. I guarantee these same people wouldn't have been happy if we were told we were gonna sign 2 Sevilla players this summer.

FrancoisToure said:
markbmcfc said:
Ducado said:

Davs 19 said:
dannybcity said:

Most of the assist for Negerdos goals came from the left side and Rakitić.

Edwaardz said:
Painful seeing people talk him up now we're linked with him. I guarantee these same people wouldn't have been happy if we were told we were gonna sign 2 Sevilla players this summer.

R.A.G.

Proelia said:
Andouble said:

Dzeko for a big lad is shit in the air

He doesn't utilize his strength enough for sure but he's got some vital ones for us off headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.