Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
conormcfc said:
Someone started a thread on him a few weeks ago and most people were saying they wouldn't be interested.

Now we're properly linked with him everyone jumps on the bandwagon saying he's a brilliant signing. Much of the same thing happened when we were signing Sinclair last year.

It's like people can't have their own opinions in this place. If you don't like the prospect of signing a player then fucking stick to your guns, don't just put the blinders on.

You know you're comparing a semi-regular member of likely the best era of a national team we've ever seen with Scott Sinclair, don't you.

I'm not talking about how good the player is. Could be a thread about Messi for all it matters.

My gripe is with the people that flip on the blue tinted specs every time we get linked to a player that they've previously never been a fan of. The sort of people that would also slag a player off after 5 games if he hasn't settled straight away.

woodieMCFC said:
Well, there is only one way to find out if he's any good. By watching him play...

A lot of people already have. Football exists outside of the premier league surprisingly.

Also looking at him I can see why people are underwhelmed. He doesn't have blazing speed, or a record for headers, or a tricky footballer.
What he is tho is a guy who gets it done in the trenches which tbf we don't have.

conormcfc said:
Someone started a thread on him a few weeks ago and most people were saying they wouldn't be interested.

Now we're properly linked with him everyone jumps on the bandwagon saying he's a brilliant signing. Much of the same thing happened when we were signing Sinclair last year.

It's like people can't have their own opinions in this place. If you don't like the prospect of signing a player then fucking stick to your guns, don't just put the blinders on.

The thing is, many people who may of been interested in this player (such as myself) only stumbled across the original topic, and I never thought we'd actually sign him or didn't see any concrete evidence to suggest this.

So we don't post in the topic. So you only see the many posters who dislike the guy whining about how shit he is.

I don't think Negredo is the best player in the world. I do however have confidence in what Txiki and MP are doing and they are far more experienced in Football than you or I.
So when I hear that we are signing him, I give the lad a chance and say: welcome to Manchester.

And will cheer him like any other player wearing our colours.

menace said:
anyone who watched the confederation cup and saw fred for Brazil should see the value of a player like negrado , fred is probably the least talented player in the brazil squad certainly not '' world class '' but he knows were the net is and was just as instrumental as neymar in brazil's win, my point is just because a player dosen't have the touch of a ibrahimovic or the skill of Inesita or the speed of a ronaldo he should not be written off as not being able to contribute to the team in a positive way.
negrado is by no means world class i would even agree that he's not the best striker available but he is a proven goal scorer who averages over 20 goals a season for sevilla, a spain international for around 20 mil and is going to probably be our third choice striker , think people are to caught up in striker's who are easy on the eye like van persie , benzema and rooney and are forgetting the value of old fashion fox in the box forward's like inzaghi , crespo , gomez and diego milito. adebayor, guojohnsen, pizarro, welbeck, matri and ba have all been second or third choice in trophy winning seasons, I'm no big fan of negrado but to suggest he's not good enough to be third choice just stinks of arrogance.
Only this

Six goals in 14 matches for Spain aswell. Not bad duck.
How do people come to the conclusion that he's shit?.
Nobody has seen enough of him on here, and we really
need a Sevilla fan to come on here and tell us what he's
really like. That's if they like us of course, after nabbing
two of their best players.

His pace is only 67 on FIFA. Underwhelmed. Would much rather have Welliton, Emenike or Esswein.

Well Negredo has certainly divided opinion on here.

He'll be a cracking signing in my opinion. He has always impressed me whenever I've seen Seville play.

It seems clear to me that Aguero is going to be our main man next season. If fit he plays, bit like Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra, and RVP for their respective club. I think foramtions and/or partners will be decided by the nature of the opposition. But Aguero will be a main stay.

woodieMCFC said:
Well, there is only one way to find out if he's any good. By watching him play...

A lot of people already have. Football exists outside of the premier league surprisingly.

Oh I know, and I'm looking forward to see Negredo in blue it's just some of the negativity towards him. All I'm saying is let's see how he plays in the prem and then judge ;-)

We've learnt our lesson and stuck to buying players where we have no competition for their signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.