“Blue” car park / off Alan Turing way.

It was gridlock yesterday coming off Oldham road for the right turn into blue car park. Took well over 40 mins to get in at 1.45. Massive queue behind. Was expecting more on here about it.

I walked past vermillion and the old gas tower at about 2.30 and it was quiet

previous home games this season it’s still been gridlocked half an hour before kick off

have they changed something to make it better

On the magical mystery tour one poster described we marvelled at the shiny new cones that had been laid out.

I've said before, and I'll happily repeat myself. Only City could make what was previously an OK, but still not great system of parking worse. Definitely going on the OSC coach from now on

The Coach Park on Saturday was a complete shambles after the Palace game. Whoever is in charge of organising it needs a rocket up the arse. It was gridlock, mainly due to the idiotic arrangement to park a load of seemingly corporate or after the match activities coaches across the front row. Thus, after the match all the coaches behind were full and ready to exit whilst they were sat empty. This resulted in coaches trying to reverse and jocky about in order to find a way to get out. With cars also criss-crossing and pedestrian fans walking around between and behind the jockying buses it's a wonder there wasn't a serious accident. Our coach of 42 Blues was full by 1715, however we didn't get to leave the coach park until 1800.This meant that some missed their bus and/or train connections home from Carlisle. City need to get this sorted - if they don't it will be even worse now that dark evenings are with us.
Finally, to make matters worse, one Scottish coach driver flatly refused to move to enable others to get through.
There was ample room for him to do so. When asked politely by our driver and then one of the attendants he became abusive and said he wouldn't move. He was so inconsiderate I'm going to name & shame his coach - the operator was Rowe & Tudhope and the Reg No was YT13 AOB. This guy needs to get a life - there's no excuse being so obstructive and abusive towards his fellow professionals.
The bottom line however is that none of this would have happened if common sense had been used by coach park staff when parking up coaches. Sort it out City, before someone gets seriously injured - or worse.

The Coach Park on Saturday was a complete shambles after the Palace game. Whoever is in charge of organising it needs a rocket up the arse. It was gridlock, mainly due to the idiotic arrangement to park a load of seemingly corporate or after the match activities coaches across the front row. Thus, after the match all the coaches behind were full and ready to exit whilst they were sat empty. This resulted in coaches trying to reverse and jocky about in order to find a way to get out. With cars also criss-crossing and pedestrian fans walking around between and behind the jockying buses it's a wonder there wasn't a serious accident. Our coach of 42 Blues was full by 1715, however we didn't get to leave the coach park until 1800.This meant that some missed their bus and/or train connections home from Carlisle. City need to get this sorted - if they don't it will be even worse now that dark evenings are with us.
Finally, to make matters worse, one Scottish coach driver flatly refused to move to enable others to get through.
There was ample room for him to do so. When asked politely by our driver and then one of the attendants he became abusive and said he wouldn't move. He was so inconsiderate I'm going to name & shame his coach - the operator was Rowe & Tudhope and the Reg No was YT13 AOB. This guy needs to get a life - there's no excuse being so obstructive and abusive towards his fellow professionals.
The bottom line however is that none of this would have happened if common sense had been used by coach park staff when parking up coaches. Sort it out City, before someone gets seriously injured - or worse.
They're on Facebook of you are on that. Posted today advertising football matches. Just reply and embarrass them and/or email City so they have a conversation with the owner.

I swore never to park in any of the car parks at the ground again after sitting in a queue trying to get out of Blue for almost an hour. It wasn't the first time we'd had such a long wait.. What got me was seeing car park stewards getting into their cars and being given priority to leave by their mates.

The official parking is a complete joke. I've witnessed minor bumps (some obviously intentional), and major arguments. I take my chances on Ashton New Road... much safer

They're on Facebook of you are on that. Posted today advertising football matches. Just reply and embarrass them and/or email City so they have a conversation with the owner.

Cheers for that. I don't use Facebook however our SC Branch Transport Secretary has already written to City with a letter of complaint. Also suggesting that these coaches should all be parked at the rear of the coach park. This would enable coaches who need to get away after the game to do so and not be stuck behind empty coaches blocking everyone in. With regard to the t**t who refused to move, the letter also included photographic evidence showing the extent of the mayhem with a pic of that particular coach.

We were stuck there as well the coach in front refused to move even though there wasa gap for him to , so we had to reverse quite a way back , it mayhem getting out
We were also stuck ready to go 17 15 the coach in front of us refused to move even though there was a space to move to so we had to reverse a long way back, then it was mayhem getting out
A shambles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.