10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
two big games vs PSG and Liverpool and failed to show up in either...

Needs to put his big boy trousers on and step it up......simply not effective enough as an attacking force

I am still not sure about him. to me he looks very surprised the level of fitness issues he has to overcome to do what Pep asks of him. to press for 90 minutes is fucking hard and he looked exhausted at it after 15 min.

thats one thing.

other thing his goalscoring ability, I dont think he will have a great tally end of season. started 7 of 7 in PL and he has 1 goal. he replaced Sterling on left as for now by the look of it but Sterling delivered goals.
20-17-18-10 just in PL in last 4 seasons. last season Sterling was piss poor still got 10 goals.

very hard for me to see Grealish get close to those numbers. maybe 6-8 goals yes. 10+? looks unlikely after I seen how he behaves in shooting chances. cut inside to get the ball on his right and make a shot, its something defenders work out easily, and after that he needs to have more tricks simply. he hasnt really tried long shots yet for City, maybe instructed not to, not sure, but for the position he plays he surely needs to be one of our main scorer which is hard to see right now. and this with Jesus turning into a creator full time it will just dry the goals up.

a clinical wideforward would be immense in our team. Foden is the most clinical but even he isnt that clinical just if we compare to Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus then he is...

Said it before and got nothing but pelters but I'll say it again, baffling transfer, 100 million for an attacker with 32 goals in 213 apps for villa, three seasons of that being in the championship. Isn't any better than sterling, Mahrez, foden, Silva, or even Torres. But hey he draws alot of fouls, which apparently are more important than goals and assists if you ask his biggest fans.

I think he's a little tired to be honest, hes played in almost every game this season.

He doesn't press as much as I would like, especially not when he's central. Still think he's trying fit in and it wasn't always going to be easy. Pep knew it was gonna take awhile so I think this is why he's thrust him into the lineup. But he needs to get it in gear.

I think the long term plan should be for him and Foden to own that left side.

Maybe Foden starts LW and Grealish LCM, but then in the game they can rotate at will.

Reduces predictability, and both are comfortable and offer a different option for us in either role.

I'm just not a fan of either as the false 9, I'd rather Kevin there because he is stronger and the other two can are more similar to the Bernie like quality I like in midfield.

Still not lost faith in him being a false 9. Wide left he just cant compete with Foden, Foden is a whole other level there.

Jack will just have to start getting better at being a false 9. He has the built out of all of Foden, Jesus, Sterling. And he has decent footwork as well so he has to adapt

I wasn't that fussed about his signing but it is what it is and the price tag means nothing as long as he improves the squad and helps the team in achieving its goals. He's done ok so far all things considered as its taken some time for new signings to bed into the team and how pep wants them to play, it will be two different worlds from what he's been used to coming from a team where you're afforded creative license to roam around the field and another where its all about positional and tactical discipline.

But if we're being totally honest he's been below average in all of the big games so far against chelsea, psg and liverpool and still has a lot he needs to improve on his game especially when playing against the better sides. It seems all the right back has to do is show him inside and have another player covering(usually a dm) and his game is basically nullified. He will 9 times out of 10 use it and once the option is closed, plays it back to whoever is playing behind him at lb. The rare times he goes on the outside he usually produces nothing.

His biggest weakness to his game by far though is how little he offers off the ball in an attacking sense when the team is building up from the back against a settled team. He will occasionally make a run in transitions during a counter but that's it as far as any movement off the ball goes. This has in turn made him predictable to defend against for the better teams and that has stood out these past few games. I know it's not in his natural game but he's competing against a player is foden who offers as good as him on the ball(more imo) but also much more movement off the ball so needs to improve that side of his game if he's looking to maintain his spot on the left side.

Will come good, I'm absolutely certain about it.

Playing as a false 9 at Anfield was always going to be very difficult. In comparison, Foden didn't do much at Chelsea last week.

Grealish helped us to control the game in the first half. Anyone would have been a bit isolated in his position. We played a brilliant 1st half because of all players, not inspite of some players.

Grealish will help us a lot this season. We played a brilliant game and some people are full of negativity. Be happy with this fantastic team guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.