10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said in pre match thread he might try Grealish false 9 as foden had to play left wing but thought it was a bit early for him to be playing multiple positions and expected mahrez to get the nod. You can look past him being shit in that position because every single player that plays it is also a shadow of themselves there, nobody suits it.

However, you can't excuse the work rate. I keep banging on about it every week, there's no signs of improvement though and it's becoming a very obvious weakness. He trotted around all game, constantly allowed either VVD or matip to step forward into midfield unopposed forcing usually Bernardo to engage and creating space behind for their forwards, you don't need 12 months to adapt to putting in a shift. It's not just going backwards either, numerous times first half he was caught on his heels.

Sterling offered significantly more despite having a woeful touch and never looking like scoring. Bench him until he gets it.

Cancelo was even worse and now he is our best player :D

KEEP FAITH IN JACK

No where near the level of foden, Bernardo, Gundogan kdb or even mahrez. All of these players effect the game through goals and assists or in bernardos case sheer work ethic and ball retention. Hope he can start to influence games more but I have my doubts

Struggled again. 3 tough matches on the spin, and he‘s only really looked decent for a spell in the second half at chelsea. No great drama, he obviously needs time to settle. But needs to work harder too.

No where near the level of foden, Bernardo, Gundogan kdb or even mahrez. All of these players effect the game through goals and assists or in bernardos case sheer work ethic and ball retention. Hope he can start to influence games more but I have my doubts

to be fair he has influenced quite a few games this season with goals, assists and creating chances

first season, needs to find his feet. Disappointing but understandable, needs more and more games with a settled first-choice midfield to settle in. We need to play a settled side now, Carabao aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.