10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I like Grealish and I'm happy he's joined us. With that said, I think he had a poor performance. I felt he was the weak link in our pressing and just wasn't pressing Liverpool's center backs like we are used to with whoever is playing the false 9 role. Just seem like he was a step behind in terms of energy.

Look, I like Grealish and I'm happy he's joined us. With that said, I think he had a poor performance. I felt he was the weak link in our pressing and just wasn't pressing Liverpool's center backs like we are used to with whoever is playing the false 9 role. Just seem like he was a step behind in terms of energy.
Good shout , he isnt a player to lead the press , Torres or Sterling woud have suited the false nine against the Dippers , not sure where Jack fits in when Foden , Jesus are fit , they are the players in form and deserve the wide berths at the moment.

Tough week. Cut him slack ffs. New club, not used to having pep in his ear 24/7. Playing for a team that has traveled to Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool away in 1 week. He has played every game this season. Huge step up from Villa. He is a special talent. We are lucky to have so many talented players. Moan about something else ;)

He plays great passes down the channels and into little spaces. Playing centrally with our speedier wingers running into (even tight) space is where I think he’ll be most effective.

He plays great passes down the channels and into little spaces. Playing centrally with our speedier wingers running into (even tight) space is where I think he’ll be most effective.
Yeah think he can be great if we find a place in the middle for him. Don’t think he can play as a forward for us, doesn’t have that goal threat.

Actually can’t believe some of the comments on here… pathetic to say the least. First the PSG game now this…

Jack is one of the best creators in world football and is now being trialed as a ‘false nine’ against one of the best sides in the league…

I love pep, but maybe stick with Torres/Jesus up top rather than the ‘lucky dip’ false nine stuff thats been occurring the last few games ?

Okay, there are 3 separate issues here and it will do us all some good if we stop conflating them.

1. Is a question of Jack's performed well in an individual game. Analysis and or even criticism of his performance in a game should be taken as just that. An analysis of his performance in "X" game.

2. Is the question of whether he makes us better or whether he is worth 100 million. This is a different and separate issue and shouldn't be conflated with the first. And to this issue, retorts of "some will never learn and are too quick to write a new player off" are appropriate.
But For the record, I've seen very few comments that makes an issue of this... Thus, I find the retort that claim other fans will never learn to often be a bit disingenuous. Most fans, including this criticizing his performances have not written him off. Period!

3. Whether he cost us getting a stud striker. Now this issue can be summarily answered... NO! He didn't.

Now back to the analysis. He did not not do a good job aiding our press. Almost worse than Aguero at Aguero's worst. That's would not work.

Either he improves or he drops onto the middle 3. You simply cannot be a non-presser in the front 3. Sorry! Love Grealish. Think he is mustard on the ball. But failing to press consistently is a No No. Lest anyone forgets, Mahrez too is mustard on the ball. But he is not the presser Gabby is, and thus he is unlikely to start ahead of Gabby in a big game.

One option is to switch bhim and Bernado. But that would be disrespectful and might weaken us. Soooooooo.... Get better Jack! We need your genius on the field. But you gotta press. It's useless playing any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.