10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last three games would have been an eye opener for Jack , he wanted to join an elite level club and play in massive games and now he has to work out how to influence these games , not an easy step up from a mid table Villa team but i think he will relish the challenge and Pep will coach him to the required level.

Yup. He’s looked pretty one dimensional over the course of the last 7 days. Hopefully Pep will now work his magic and get more variety and more effort out of him over the coming months

yes he will never have the output of a forward. think he needs to evolve as a 8 and replace silva/gundo
That’s where I see him. I know he played wide left for Villa, but he openly said in pre-season that he prefers playing behind the striker. And Foden is just an unbelievably good player on the left wing, he has to play there!

I also think Grealish will be better when we sign a striker. So as Gundo and de Bruyne get older, and we sign a striker, and he’s had the experience of a year with Pep, I’m expecting he’ll become a really good midfielder for us next season.

But before criticizing Jack, let's think a little bit -> what's his position...

So far Pep has played him either as LW or False9, but did he play that in Villa ? Nope

In an ideal situation, Grealish is a LCM or playmaker playing as a number 10 in 4-2-3-1 system, but as the later is too old now and only maybe Jose continues to play that, in Pep`s system he is LCM - no more, no less.

Grealish has amazing "ball retention" skills and can be our second Bernardo.. Actually I think that Bernardo-Grealish duo can be City`s xaviesta but let's not involve my dreams and hope here :D

So, in this formation - I think he will be very good

---------------------Rodri--------------------------
-----Bernardo------------------Grealish----------

So it's not about Jack and his quality, he isn't playing the position - where he does his best.
He is not a winger or a striker FFS, he is a midfielder and does that job pretty well :)
exactly he was bought in to replace one of silva/gundo. its because we don't have a forward and bernardo stayed he has to make do with playing in the forward line.

Felt bad for him there today. It's not an easy position doing the false 9 at the best of times, but doing it with presumably fuck all time on the training ground, zero experience prior to this, and against one of the best central defenders in world football away at Anfield is really tough going.

i'm disappointed by his dribbling. I thought he was a lot better at taking people on and beating them in a 1v1, something we've been missing from the wings since leroy left, but he's barely done that or even tried to do that. It reeks of instructions, which I guess have a greater goal in mind, so who am I to question!

I think he's been alright so far, not amazing but not bad either. He was played out of position today. I think Foden is better wide left. He's a quality player though, we just need to find the best way to use him. He'll be fine IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.