10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing Jack to Foden is never a good idea one is a very talented player and the other is a generational talent who will be a ballon d'or contender soon. even KDB sometimes pales in comparison to the impact of Foden. So its best to compare Jack to Bernardo or Gundo since those are the ones he will be competing with to keep out of the team.

Grealish - Foden could be the new player comparison debate following on from Fernandinho - Rodri it seems.

To get ahead of the curve, just like with all other similar discussions, they're both superb talents who both provide their own unique skillsets.

Something a bit more than drawing fouls :)
So you are just ignoring his superb ball retention,his intricate and key passes,his ability to bring others into play,his drives into the box and his (currently underused) ability at set pieces?

As for only drawing fouls,even if that were true,which it very much isn't..... then that ability in itself should speak volumes about his quality.

Comparing Villa vs Liverpool to City vs Liverpool is not a valid comparison. Different teams, different setups, completely different approach by Liverpool. If you think Grealish is as good as Foden as a footballer, we will simply have to agree to disagree.
Grealish has done ok so far and we will wait and see how he progresses in the future but on the evidence of Sunday Phil is miles ahead as things stand. I don't think anybody can dispute that based on evidence.

So you are just ignoring his superb ball retention,his intricate and key passes,his ability to bring others into play,his drives into the box and his (currently underused) ability at set pieces?

As for only drawing fouls,even if that were true,which it very much isn't..... then that ability in itself should speak volumes about his quality.
Not at all
I appreciate those attributes, he's very strong on the ball for a start, but people have described him as going to be a superstar and legend, and some think he already was before joining us ???
I'm having trouble trying to buy into that to be honest....Will he drive into the box like Yaya and crash one in the top corner regularly....I can't see it at the moment.
Will he open up defenses regularly with key passes like David...I can't see that either
It's true I didn't want him as a signing from the start but as I've said many time now I genuinely hope hand on heart that he proves me wrong and he becomes a legend....honest !
I'm prepared to give Jack time that's only fair, and I hope Pep will use him in the right way to develop those attributes you describe .
Let's see ....over to you Jack

Not at all
I appreciate those attributes, he's very strong on the ball for a start, but people have described him as going to be a superstar and legend, and some think he already was before joining us ???
I'm having trouble trying to buy into that to be honest....Will he drive into the box like Yaya and crash one in the top corner regularly....I can't see it at the moment.
Will he open up defenses regularly with key passes like David...I can't see that either
It's true I didn't want him as a signing from the start but as I've said many time now I genuinely hope hand on heart that he proves me wrong and he becomes a legend....honest !
I'm prepared to give Jack time that's only fair, and I hope Pep will use him in the right way to develop those attributes you describe .
Let's see ....over to you Jack
He'll never be Yaya or David,his game is different and neither was he bought to impersonate or emulate them.I also doubt he will become a legend,but i have every faith he will be a success as,despite not yet blowing us away......he has shown great promise,he improves our first 11,and allows others to play better too.

Put the price tag aside,remove the preconception,and allow him to blossom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.