10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The future? Based on what? The pro Grealish sentiment here is at an all time high. Imagine Grealish played for the scousers or the rags, the slagging off he would get on bluemoon would be ridiculous. 100m for one goal and one assist. Yeah, he's the future alright.
Based on our track record with signings.

I couldn't give a two fucks about the rags, they spent 75m on that show pony Sancho and hes done even less than Grealish.

Are you going so solely judge him on goals and assists then forever?
Did you used to slag off David Silva when he was here?

Grealish has to step up from being a luxury impact player, as he was at Villa, to being a total team player with that same impact or more.

We have seen flashes, but nowhere near £100M worth. You pay a premium for bedded in Premier League players, in the hope that they hit the ground running, but absent that odd flash it feels like he’s still finding his feet in a Pep team.

With Torres out for 6-12 weeks and Sterling off the boil, now would be the perfect time to up his contribution and add some goals or assists to his game. That’s what he was bought for, not his backtracking!

You clearly missed some parts of Tokyo's comment "Grealish played 7 games and only scored once and assisted 2 times"
Thats a stupid argument considering that fact that our top scorer has 2 goals. We're not a team to depend on players up front to score a shit tone of goals, in our team everyone scores goals that's how we win games. We could do with a Haaland to score every two games for us one day but right now we don't have such a player. Judging Grealish by his goal tally without comparing him to the rest of the team is a double standard
Nope I didn’t say that to degrade him. I said his stats because they don’t stand out compared to others for him to warrant being a guaranteed starter.

so is the Grealish hatefest
I think it’s the Grealish PERFORMANCE thread, which, with most players, gets posts when punters feel like a player has done something brilliant or, in Jack’s case, not done as well as expected.

I’m not reading hate, merely criticism. Then again, I guess the only suitable phrase allowed anymore is “I appreciate you!”

Thanks Ted Lasso!

Nope I didn’t say that to degrade him. I said his stats because they don’t stand out compared to others for him to warrant being a guaranteed starter.
I was quotting your comment and its obvious that Pep is using Grealish not for his goal/assist stats but for what he offers in terms of tactics. He didn't score against Chelsea, for example ,but had a great preformance.
You're basically arguing that Pep's tactics are wrong and we should use other players in his spot.

I think it’s the Grealish PERFORMANCE thread, which, with most players, gets posts when punters feel like a player has done something brilliant or, in Jack’s case, not done as well as expected.

I’m not reading hate, merely criticism. Then again, I guess the only suitable phrase allowed anymore is “I appreciate you!”

Thanks Ted Lasso!
Fair enough you can argue that he's done bad and I'll agree with you. Saying that he's done bad based on the fact that he only scored once is assisted twice is a bad argument and I can't take it seriously amd will just consider you a hater. We all can have an opinion

Based on our track record with signings.

I couldn't give a two fucks about the rags, they spent 75m on that show pony Sancho and hes done even less than Grealish.

Are you going so solely judge him on goals and assists then forever?
Did you used to slag off David Silva when he was here?
Grealish has had far more game time compared to Sancho and the impact both players have had for their respective teams are almost the same. I know Grealish is one of ours but wouldn't it be a breath of fresh air if we assess our players the same way we assess others?

Last edited:
Grealish has to step up from being a luxury impact player, as he was at Villa, to being a total team player with that same impact or more.

We have seen flashes, but nowhere near £100M worth. You pay a premium for bedded in Premier League players, in the hope that they hit the ground running, but absent that odd flash it feels like he’s still finding his feet in a Pep team.

With Torres out for 6-12 weeks and Sterling off the boil, now would be the perfect time to up his contribution and add some goals or assists to his game. That’s what he was bought for, not his backtracking!
I am surprised others here can't see it, perhaps they do but don't want to admit it. This is a player that has ben in the PL for years and yet sometimes it seems like he was signed from the Belgian league or something. Its not acceptable at this stage. Pep has to show some of that "tough love" that he is known for, Grealish hasn't done enough to just walk into the team.

This is just what everyone who likes Grealish says. I am sure there are no city fans who don’t want Grealish to do well. How does anyone benefit from Grealish not doing well ?

Saying Grealish needs to do more is not hate
everyone needs to do better. may I remind you that Jesus only has 2 goals so far ? (im using your own logic here) foden only has one goal ? mahrez one goal ?
or just grealish needs to do better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.