10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but only one Grealish has started all 7 games and not done anything that makes him undroppable while others are rotated or others not even given a chance to start 2 consecutive games.

I guess your answer would be “Pep knows best”
Its Pep's team, he can do what he wants.

What bearing does how many starts other players are getting have to do with Grealish?

At worst he is stopping Foden play LW. Jesus and Mahrez are RW and Sterling is clearly now the only option as a striker but imo he doesn't deserve to start.

The future? Based on what? The pro Grealish sentiment here is at an all time high. Imagine Grealish played for the scousers or the rags, the slagging off he would get on bluemoon would be ridiculous. 100m for one goal and one assist. Yeah, he's the future alright.
I don't give a fuck how he plays shit for 1 or 2 seasons. he has a six year contract. If he plays great for 3 seasons, that will already be worth it. So I will judge him after there is enough sample like 50-100 matches.

I don't give a fuck how he plays shit for 1 or 2 seasons. he has a six year contract. If he plays great for 3 seasons, that will already be worth it. So I will judge him after there is enough sample like 50-100 matches.
Which is fair. But surely you don’t expect everyone to think like you? Some people expect him to come and hit the ground running because he was billed as a world class player and he actually cost 100m. Don’t know and don’t care which is the right mindset but I am sure most people want him to succeed at the end of the day.

Too many on here have fallen into the trap of the modern, statistics obsessive perspective on football.

Stats certainly have a place - don’t get me wrong. But there’s a certain aspect of play which is best viewed by eye. Football is not just maths, it’s art.

With Grealish, we have a ball carrier who helps with the more fluid aspects of our play. Something we lacked at times last season. He’s exciting to watch, has contributed more than “1 goal and 1 assist” would imply, and if you truly care about statistics, look at the dribbles and fouls.

The fact anyone on here is comparing his start to Sancho’s is completely laughable. If you’ve watched enough of United, Sancho has looked like an inexperienced youth player which is far from the heights promised during his time in Germany (I’m not saying he’ll stay this way). Grealish has been an entirely different prospect, building on his game and taking his play to the next level (just ask a Villa fan about the role he played for England this week).

A few more goals/assists will come this weekend… watch this space

Which is fair. But surely you don’t expect everyone to think like you? Some people expect him to come and hit the ground running because he was billed as a world class player and he actually cost 100m. Don’t know and don’t care which is the right mindset but I am sure most people want him to succeed at the end of the day.
Maybe past experience would suggest that few players hit the ground running when joining Pep's squad. Dias is probably the only one I can think of. Everyone else has taken at least 6 months to start showing their true worth. I'll give him a bit longer before deciding

I see. Now the Grealish police has finally appeared. Only reason he started all games is because Foden was injured and he cost 100M. If Bernardo stays and we get a good striker I don‘t know how he gonna be in our starting eleven. At least for the top games. Compared to the others he can only play as a LW. For me he is not a LCM or whatever some people here see him alone because of his workrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.