10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally players get 6 months from the fans to settle in. I guess the price tag is a reason for the impatience by some, but it’s not his fault. I reckon he’ll score plenty of goals for us when he’s settled in and be a good creator. He’s made a good start.
Right on. Can we just wait a bit to pass judgement on his signing? Bare minimum 6 months or like many others I would argue a full season being that it is a Pep Guardiola system Grealish needs to fit into.

If we want to talk about Jack's specific performance in any single game then, great, have at it. But calling him either an overall bust or the best signing the club has ever made already is just silly. We need time for things to play out based on what we've seen from other signings the last 5 years. And even then seeing him play with an actual striker in the lineup would be nice too

A heads up that some fake WhatsApp messages are being circulated claiming to contain news reports that Jack has been arrested on motoring offences. Appears to be a complete hoax begun by a bitter twat fan of united/liverpool/villa
Twitters been going mad today with fake arrest shite. It's all bollocks

Luckily some people corrected the obvious that both will start for us in our starting 11, my real dilemma is that even though it will be on the left side (I'm most certain of that), who get's LCM and who gets RCM spot? Of course whichever it is there is the freedom to rotate, but there is still a default position that makes a difference.

The Argument for Foden LW and Grealish LCM

Foden being LW is better because he can cross more naturally on the left than Grealish (simply from being left footed). Foden is also more "explosive" in the final third than Grealish (or Mahrez) due to his pace, and Foden's finishing is better also so playing him as the "forward" is better.

Grealish's traits currently are better suited to an "attacking" LCM who can rotate wide with the winger. His close control means like Gundogan in that spot, we should retain the ball very well, I think Grealish is probably better than Foden here but only by a bit. Grealish, atleast to me, is more of a creator and less of a goal scorer, another reason why this placement makes more sense.

Pep could persist with Grealish LW though and have him improve in this position instead, but I think like Bernie, he is a better inside midfielder than winger.

The Argument for Grealish LW and Foden LCM

We have seen more and more games of Foden in midfield and it kind of seems like that's his end goal position?

This one I struggle with, if Foden were to fulfill his potential, would he be a better LW or LCM? I'm leaning towards LCM. I think he will improve in both positions over time, but I'm talking future best potential... I think LCM.

Grealish LW for the obvious reasons, he's played there most of his career, he is so use to cutting in from the left. My problem is I don't think Grealish has the off the ball movement (or enough pace) like Foden, or any other top forward. I think his shooting ability is decent, but I think Foden just beats him here.

But... Pep can work with him to make him better in that area. A LW Grealish who has improved his off the ball movement combined with that ridiculous dribbling and creativity is frightening. Paired with Foden as the midfielder... this may be the better combo?

This is the obvious left side pairing we should build... but the choice of where to play them, glad that's on Pep.

Last edited:
Thought he had a good game personally. Few things he could do better but especially in the first half I thought he started to look more at home in the team. One thing I don't like is Pep has clearly told him not to take on his man as much in order to keep the ball and that does nullify some of Jack's game.

Once he's learnt the ropes we'll start seeing him drift inside more.

As for now, he had some really silky moments with his creativity. That little backheel at the end was great to see.

He was good today, I think it goes unnoticed by some on here how many openings he creates by a clever pass.

Dont get people going mad at him for not passing to Palmer as well. We were 4 up and he deserves a goal, why not have a go.

Not sure he misplaced one pass tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.