10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every player under Pep needs at least kne season to come to terms with his system. That's how demanding it is. You won't see Grealish's peak until next season.
Exactly .
The one big factor for me with Grealish is that the opposition are generally shit scared of what he could bring at any given moment. Having to deal with that on top of the way Foden, Jesus, de Bruyne et al must be mentally exhausting.
There will be games where these guys don’t perform and Grealish will step up .
We are lucky in that this squad can easily carry a couple of passengers until they get up to speed .

I think hes gonna be absolute ace soon.. much improved the last 2 games. Really getting into the game and City play now, interchanging ball and positions with his team-mates and not playing by himself etc and not lingering onto the ball too long like he could do "unnoticed" at Villa from the coaching staff.. Pep won't allow that. As a matter of fact, that could almost be good for Villa at times to give them a breather etc and get up the pitch a bit. I think he has to almost unlearn a few things he did at Villa and the Championship etc.

I think he will be very good in a Pep structure soon and will be able to play as an 8 in the future as well. Maybe not this season though, as Pep may want to give him a season to focus on the wing and not overload him with responsibility and too much structure too fast. Hes basically a street footballer in his essence really, like Rooney and Joe Cole etc.. Ronaldinho, Ben Arfa..

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? Why are people STILL criticising players in their first 6 months / season at a new club, and especially with a team like ours that plays in such a structured way for forward players to adapt to.

I will never forget hearing the moaning fuckers around me in the east stand for the first six months after Dave joined us.

He’s not strong enough
He’s too small
He’s not fast enough.

how did that turn out ?? With a fuckin epic statue and fuck loads of silver for silva ;)

Each and every one of you fuckers should be commenting on this thread saying…

It’s too early to judge or have an opinion yet, but I’m right behind him and wish him well. Great assist for Phil on Saturday though.

And if anyone comes back with a “but £100m” quote, go and shit in your own mouth.

CTID.

#mondaymorings

I think he's took to us like a duck to water & one of the reasons foden, Bernie, Jesus are doing so well. As pep said the other day, the amount of players he sucks in when on one of his runs is ridiculous, freeing up space for the others to play like they have been

I think he's took to us like a duck to water & one of the reasons foden, Bernie, Jesus are doing so well. As pep said the other day, the amount of players he sucks in when on one of his runs is ridiculous, freeing up space for the others to play like they have been

Grealish is like chaos that bring disorder and soaking all the opponent attention it's like the opponent is scared of what Grealish trying to do eventhough he is showing nothing special so far but i like what he is doing right now creating a chaos in opponent backline so the other can have their space to create opportunities.

People need to stop with the bullshit claims that somebody hates a player if they don't post something thats entirely glowing. It's not hating on somebody to make legitimate criticisms. It's not the cult that is rawk where everything is the best thing ever at all times.

You can disagree with them but nobody who bothers to post on a city forum wants to hate a player we've just paid 100 million for bar the odd unstable person or windup merchant. It's ridiculous to suggest that's the case.

If somebody can't see Grealish has some things to his game he needs to work on quickly to get upto standards here then they need to take their tinted glasses off.

Whilst were at it, We all know we are not going to see anything like the finished product until next season, that no longer needs to be pointed out despite the fact it is every single page, it doesn't mean people can't criticise performances because of what we can expect in the future. If you're in the team now, you have to perform now, there's no living on future potential in this side, we're too good for that. that applies to all new signings as well as kids, if they're in the side, they have to be doing better than what's on the bench because of them.

People need to stop with the bullshit claims that somebody hates a player if they don't post something thats entirely glowing. It's not hating on somebody to make legitimate criticisms. It's not the cult that is rawk where everything is the best thing ever at all times.

You can disagree with them but nobody who bothers to post on a city forum wants to hate a player we've just paid 100 million for bar the odd unstable person or windup merchant. It's ridiculous to suggest that's the case.

If somebody can't see Grealish has some things to his game he needs to work on quickly to get upto standards here then they need to take their tinted glasses off.

Whilst were at it, We all know we are not going to see anything like the finished product until next season, that no longer needs to be pointed out despite the fact it is every single page, it doesn't mean people can't criticise performances because of what we can expect in the future. If you're in the team now, you have to perform now, there's no living on future potential in this side, we're too good for that. that applies to all new signings as well as kids, if they're in the side, they have to be doing better than what's on the bench because of them.

Good points.
He is doing ok,
Neither a weakness nor a glowing light so far.
Pep doesn't want him dribbling in the middle 3rd and is keeping him out wide which helps the team but not him personally.
His lack of goal threat so far is a bit of a worry.
Early days yet.

Not sure if that makes me a hater-)

His performances so far tell me two things - how great a player (and a person) he is to completely change his style of play and adjust to the system where the system is everything and a player is just one of many. And how mighty Pep is both as a man and a coach to persuade and train somebody like Jack into doing it Pep's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.