10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing out of this world yet but it’s a massive compliment to him that he’s fit seamlessly into the team straight away. This team is so high in quality and playing a specific way, to come in and not look out of place is brilliant.

Hardly unquestionable. We played better in bruge imo with mahrez on the right

Bruges are awful. In his entire time here Mahrez has barely contributed anything against top PL teams, hence why he didn’t start against Chelsea or Liverpool.

Bruges are awful. In his entire time here Mahrez has barely contributed anything against top PL teams, hence why he didn’t start against Chelsea or Liverpool.
didnt he score 3 goals in the champions league semi against psg?

he’s scored plenty of clutch goals when we needed one to win a match - hogwash to say he isnt a player for the big games

Grealish is showing his value to the team , he makes so much space forother players and rarely gives the ball away , he attracts 2/3 players every time he recieves the ball and Cancelo , Foden and others are taking advantage. A few are saying we have overpaid for him but i think he walks into any team in europe , he is that good , similar to Foden when he recieves the ball you know something is going to happen the last player i had the same feeling about was Kinkladze in his pomp.

I don’t disagree with anything you have said. The point I am making relates more to the way footballers are judged these days. You spend £100m on a wide forward and unless he bags 30 goals a season, or provides 20 assists to please the Twitter crowd, he is deemed a waste of money.

If Grealish continues as he has started most City fans will be happy. However, the wider footballing world will only be interested in his G/A output because thats just how attacking footballers are judged these days (wrongly IMO). If he finishes the season with Bernie like G/A numbers, people will say he wasn’t worth £100m, no matter what else he adds to the team.

Jack is starting regularly for City and if that continues he will be justifying the fee. Given the way the market is, any established player who is of an age that means they should be coming in their prime will be very expensive (or out of contract...) if they are joining City from another club (add a premium for English). You have to be that good because City are that good.

Some people will care and harp on about the fee but it's history as far as I am concerned. Big fee or not, Pep will not keep picking him if he doesn't deliver what Pep requires and that is a good enough litmus test for me.

We are very early in Jack's city career but from the off he has demonstrated that he is trying to be Pep's kind of player - a City player. He came here to learn and improve and I have seen nothing to suggest that is not what he will do. Like all new signings, he needs to be given time to develop. He's made a good start though.

Sterling would have found a way to mess up that counter that Phil scored on.. He's coming along well and was working hard defensively yesterday.

Everytime i see Grealish on team sheet, i always know that the team will be alright when he starts for the match. We will always play better when he starts and playing alongside team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.