10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But LW for villa and central midfield for us as quite a few are calling for him to play is even more different.

His key attributes are carrying the ball and taking risking, neither work in a Pep central midfield, not to mention his questionable work rate. I just don't see what he could possibly bring to a central midfield role, I think Pep has zinchenko in central midfield before Grealish.
Agreed. But LW for villa and central midfield for us as quite a few are calling for him to play is even more different.

His key attributes are carrying the ball and taking risking, neither work in a Pep central midfield, not to mention his questionable work rate. I just don't see what he could possibly bring to a central midfield role, I think Pep has zinchenko in central midfield before Grealish.
Dé bryune carries the ball in midfield or did before his injury. How is that a bad thing for a midfielder.

Do you really believe Pep tells him to not take on his man when one on one in the final 3rd or look to get shots off?

No but at city he has always two marking him and sometime like today 3/4 he tried to cross a few time went for corner or goal kick! What I want to see is him coming back with the ball lay it of and turn for the return ball or have overlapping fullbacks

Exactly the main problem I had with us signing him, his main skill is ball progression but the ball is in the final third already for most of our games. He was Villas main ball carrier but for us he is stuck out and meant to beat his man and deliver in the final third which he is not doing enough currently.

I still feel his best position for us would be if he played in midfield though because he carries no goal threat for us to play him as a forward.

I'm more than happy we signed Grealish ( not for £100 million though) he's a good player when played more central, he retains the ball well, he can buy a free kick around the box, what he isn't is a winger, might as well stick him in net than on the wing, wasted out wide.
When did winning free kicks become so important? How many goals do you get from free kicks a year? I'd rather he won us games.
No comments on the second half once we were down to 10, first half about 80% of our attack came down the left, he saw plenty of the ball, he didn't beat his man once, didn't put in a ball once, didn't once offer something behind or make a run off the ball that wasn't backwards he just existed.

He would face up the defender, do a little shimmy across then either play a poorly weighted inside ball, square it back to cancelo, flat out give it away or hit it off the defender for a reset. Contributing nothing and our best forward in foden is less effective if he's not left wing which he isn't when Grealish plays.

It was another sterling when he was in decent form but having a poor game kind of performance.

As for him playing inside, why has he suddenly become a central player in the eyes of some? he played for Villa predominately as a wide left midfielder, does so for England too, this isn't an alien position it's the one he's played most in his career. he wasn't even played centrally for a shit Villa for whatever reason so he isn't getting into our central midfield anytime soon.
People clutching at straws mate. If we wanted a centre mid we could have bought a lot better one that Jack grealish and no doubt cheaper, be hard to be more fucking expensive tbh.

Looks really stylish on the ball, looks the part, got the modern footballer’s bobbins hairdo, got the physique, wears his socks low, looks stylish in possession the way he controlls the ball and moves with the ball at his feet… however, he does almost nothing, his end product is as bland as it gets, and the results he gets from the ball he gets isn’t of a good enough standard.

It’s early doors in his time here so he gets some slack but I’m not impressed with him at all really so far. A few good games but that’s it.

Looks really stylish on the ball, looks the part, got the modern footballer’s bobbins hairdo, got the physique, wears his socks low, looks stylish in possession the way he controlls the ball and moves with the ball at his feet… however, he does almost nothing, his end product is as bland as it gets, and the results he gets from the ball he gets isn’t of a good enough standard.

It’s early doors in his time here so he gets some slack but I’m not impressed with him at all really so far. A few good games but that’s it.
Put him in midfield and see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.