10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a game with him in midfield and Foden LW, think that can be a good dynamic for both.

Play KdB as a false 9 again, I think he is struggling with the midfield game and we lack control with him there.
I agree with that. Kev playing so poorly in midfield upsets our whole rhythm currently. Don’t want to see Foden wasted up top again. Get the lad on the ball as much as possible and he’ll make things happen.

Cut inside then pass backwards, this is what Pep asks his inverted winger to do when there is no real opportunity. I didn't see Grealish play like this at Villa, nor did Mahrez at Leicester. Now they are both changed by Pep's football philosophy.
Love me some pep but this is absolutely correct. For all his frustrating decision making with the NT, riyad pulls some magic and puts defenders on their ass.. lots of those African defenders play in top leagues and will cut your legs out like SA football

I see that same hesitancy with Jack right now. I think pep needs to sit down and say “look, we have no striker, take chances and get to the box and take shots” without a 9, city look impotent

Free Jack Grealish. He's suffering like all our new signings do in the first 6 months. I feel he's being challeneged the most though...he needs to play in the David Silva role.
Only position I could see him kicking on in. Only problem with that is we already have 4 players who can play there to a great level. The price was fucking mental when he doesn’t clearly improve our best 11.

this is what i am thinking as well. play him in the middle and everyone will be saying he is a good player. he never played against crowded buses parked in the goal before.
You can't play him there because there's nothing he provides that de bruyne, Silva or Gundogan don't. Silva brings energy into the midfield and he works hard defensively. De bruyne can unlock a tight defence with a simple pass or cross and he shoots too. Gundogan was City's highest goal scorer last season. Grealish is not a goal scorer, he's not good at crossing, he doesn't work hard defensively, he lacks that energy that Silva has. Very soon he will take his place on the bench

Jack really doesn’t have much movement ahead of him & looks a bit confused with what his role is.

nobody to target in the middle
Can’t really run at players because he has little back up if he loses it with Bernie & Kev up top.

our whole tactics look a shambles, too heavy yet no striker up top & no real midfield just Rodri alone. If we score first we get away with it generally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.