10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another very poor performance from Grealish. This is a player who is good at keeping possession in tight spaces but lacks the pace to leave a man standing.

I know he has good technique but can he be effective for us? I saw him win games for Villa when he used to play for them but he has not done that once for City.

still yet to bed in fully, but i said it earlier someone who plays on left (or right) in our front three we need that player to be prolific scorer not someone like Navas get down to line and cross while scoring 0-1 goal per month. at this points not even sure Grealish will get a tally of 10 PL goals this season.
in a 433 system from a left or right wideforward thats mediocre or poor. especially as we have striker so others in front three would have to chip in more actually.
same goes for Jesus if he ties the right side down for himself going forward.
neither him or Grealish is someone who can score 15-20 from left/right of front three.

Another very poor performance from Grealish. This is a player who is good at keeping possession in tight spaces but lacks the pace to leave a man standing.

I know he has good technique but can he be effective for us? I saw him win games for Villa when he used to play for them but he has not done that once for City.
He played in midfield for aston villa.

From the little I saw from Mcatee, I think he is more talented than Grealish.

I hope in the next 10 seasons Grealish will prove me wrong.

I know Jack is settling in and he's done okay to date. But today he just didn't take anyone on - none of our wide players seem to be in form

Dé bryune carries the ball in midfield or did before his injury. How is that a bad thing for a midfielder.
Come on, you know what I mean. When I say he carries the ball I mean he takes too many touches unnecessarily, slows the game right down, draws opponents in closer than what would be desired for a vulnerable central position if you lose it. Kdb rarely carries the ball in the same manner, he drives with it with purpose or he passes it quickly. I see no qualities from Grealish that would suit a central position unless you're giving him complete freedom in a traditional number 10 role which we don't play and if we did there's at least 2 players better than him to do that. His best chance in this side is exactly where he is currently playing, he's simply not producing.

Willing to give him more time as history has taught us that a player takes 12 months to settle under Pep.
However, i do find it a little concerning that when he gets on the ball I can pretty much foresee what he is going to do, unless he gets a clear run on goal he always stops the ball and tries to cut it back. We need more variety and vision from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.