10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, you know what I mean. When I say he carries the ball I mean he takes too many touches unnecessarily, slows the game right down, draws opponents in closer than what would be desired for a vulnerable central position if you lose it. Kdb rarely carries the ball in the same manner, he drives with it with purpose or he passes it quickly. I see no qualities from Grealish that would suit a central position unless you're giving him complete freedom in a traditional number 10 role which we don't play and if we did there's at least 2 players better than him to do that. His best chance in this side is exactly where he is currently playing, he's simply not producing.
sorry totally incorrect analysis. taking many touches is not at all a bad thing in the middle. pep has spoken many times about it. Jack is a better carrier of the ball than KDB was last season.

He looked better when he first joined and was thrust into it. He had more spontaneity and invention. Now that he’s had time to listen to what is required of him, it’s like it’s taken away from his expressiveness. Just the feeling I get when I watch him, but I don’t think he’s getting better, he’s getting worse imo.

We might as well merge every attacking midfielders performance thread for this season otherwise it’s just 6 threads repeating themselves.

They have if the alternative is Sterling.
For me, I'd go with Foden, Gaby, Mahrez now. I'm not a big fan of Mahrez in the side, but his goals this season has at least put him on closer contention for a starting spot.

I know Jesus prefers playing on the wing, but we aren't exactly bursting in the roster with strikers atm.

For me, I'd go with Foden, Gaby, Mahrez now. I'm not a big fan of Mahrez in the side, but his goals this season has at least put him on closer contention for a starting spot.

I know Jesus prefers playing on the wing, but we aren't exactly bursting in the roster with strikers atm.
100% agree.

For as frustrating as mahrez can be, he's at least a goal threat! Jesus is going to have to suck it up and play up top.

sorry totally incorrect analysis. taking many touches is not at all a bad thing in the middle. pep has spoken many times about it. Jack is a better carrier of the ball than KDB was last season.
No mate, what you've said is entirely wrong. if Pep has spoken about his midfield having many touches (I don't know that he has) I'm almost certain he means that in the context of passing quickly, making the pitch big, shifting the opponents and tiring them out by constantly passing, the literal opposite of what Grealish typically does when he carries it.

Peps football is all about moving the ball, one thing Pep has definitely spoken about many many times is how he wants the ball to do the work by passing it. he doesn't even have a fondness for players dribbling out wide, he certainly doesn't want it deeper in the central position. I've no idea how after all this time but you've totally misunderstood one of peps core fundamental principles, he talks almost every single interview about moving the ball quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.