10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a good player, but I have to say. It is absolutely criminal for a player that costs 100mill not to be able to use his weak foot. That doesn't just go for him, as others are culpable. I mean its unfathomable for me. Not on.
Why the fuck he`s stuck on that wing baffles me more.Pep should fuck him from that position and just let him roam as it would be more enjoyable for him and the team and IMO could do far more damage to the opposition.
The lad has undoubted qualities but FFS NOT as a left winger.

It seems the biggest gripe for some is the price,but that wasn't in our control.

He was a player we wanted as he improves our squad,if it helps.....pretend he was 50m.
that's a really silly way to view things in the world, sorry. we are adults, not children. "just close your eyes and pretend its not there" is not a valid advice.

Plus i would argue he hasn't even justified a 50m price tag so far.

It seems the biggest gripe for some is the price,but that wasn't in our control.

He was a player we wanted as he improves our squad,if it helps.....pretend he was 50m.

Yeah while we are playing the pretend game, let's also pretend Raheem Sterling is Lionel Messi. I bet that would make everyone feel better the next time Sterling fucks up a one on one goal scoring opportunity.

Why the fuck he`s stuck on that wing baffles me more.Pep should fuck him from that position and just let him roam as it would be more enjoyable for him and the team and IMO could do far more damage to the opposition.
The lad has undoubted qualities but FFS NOT as a left winger.
Very true, in the second half on Saturday he was given a bit more freedom and started to roam, he looked far better than stuck out on the left like a lamp post.

Not at all, for 100 million I was expecting a player that didn't score much dosnt get too many assists and would take 6 to 12 months to settle in ....silly me :)
First of all no player is worth 100 mil , not Grealish nor anyone else.
The price we paid for him was not requested by himself, that was his buyout clause that we decided to pay for him. Your expectations regarding a player the club paid 100 mil for are irrelevant , as are mine, if Pep is happy with what Jack does then the price was right.

Grealish has been perfectly fine. Nothing more than that, but certainly no worse. The same can be said for much of our squad so far. Bar some exceptional performances from the likes of Foden and Silva we've been bang average.

The price tag was out of his control and isn't a factor at all in my evaluation of his performances.

It takes most players a year or so to adapt - apart from maybe Ederson and Dias, who have we signed under Pep that blew us away from day one?

Some people on here need to cut the lad a bit of slack ffs.

First of all no player is worth 100 mil , not Grealish nor anyone else.
The price we paid for him was not requested by himself, that was his buyout clause that we decided to pay for him. Your expectations regarding a player the club paid 100 mil for are irrelevant , as are mine, if Pep is happy with what Jack does then the price was right.
Not sure what your argument is, the players have nothing to do with fee's and Grealish clearly is not worried by it, a big positive.

BUT, the club have paid 100 million of the queens finest and for that you would expect to have an exceptionally talented player, I personally don't think he is or was that talent.

If Grealish is valued at 100m, what is Fodens value? has to be 3 times that, because in terms of talent he sure is three times better.

Not sure what your argument is, the players have nothing to do with fee's and Grealish clearly is not worried by it, a big positive.

BUT, the club have paid 100 million of the queens finest and for that you would expect to have an exceptionally talented player, I personally don't think he is or was that talent.

If Grealish is valued at 100m, what is Fodens value? has to be 3 times that, because in terms of talent he sure is three times better.
Again , thats YOUR PERSONAL expectation. Whatever Pep's expectation was of him , he isn't doing that bad if Pep keeps starting him. If he was nowhere near Pep's expectations , Pep would look for other solutions, use other players..
Jack is clearly in our best 11 as he starts in every important game, he must be doing something right.

Again , thats YOUR PERSONAL expectation. Whatever Pep's expectation was of him , he isn't doing that bad if Pep keeps starting him. If he was nowhere near Pep's expectations , Pep would look for other solutions, use other players..
Pep personably wanted him and if you think he is going to be dumped forget it, Pep has put his reputation on the line for Grealish, despite our wealth the fee we paid for him was exceptional and out of character of the club.

We have Sterling, Mahrez and KDB badly out of form and Jesus having to play wide, we have little options out wide at this moment.

Pep personably wanted him and if you think he is going to be dumped forget it, Pep has put his reputation on the line for Grealish, despite our wealth the fee we paid for him was exceptional and out of character of the club.

We have Sterling, Mahrez and KDB badly out of form and Jesus having to play wide, we have little options out wide at this moment.
Pep's reputation is in line if he gets bad results. Grealish has been good , he has created chances the problem is more the lack of a center forward.
Right now our best front is Grealish , Foden and Jesus. Grealish was never brought in as a goalscorer so maybe you should slightly change your expectations of him. I do agree he needs to score every now and then and hopefully he will get better and better and the goals will come too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.