10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a really silly way to view things in the world, sorry. we are adults, not children. "just close your eyes and pretend its not there" is not a valid advice.

Plus i would argue he hasn't even justified a 50m price tag so far.
No,it isnt.

The price tag is being used as a stick to beat him,thats fine if you're a fan of another club but our own don't need to be joining in.
Fuck the price tag,its irrelevant and why the hell you get upset about it is bizarre.......All that matters is that he has improved our team,and that he will continue to further do after he has settled in.

No,it isnt.

The price tag is being used as a stick to beat him,thats fine if you're a fan of another club but our own don't need to be joining in.
Fuck the price tag,its irrelevant and why the hell you get upset about it is bizarre.......All that matters is that he has improved our team,and that he will continue to further do after he has settled in.
its not irrelevant as when you pay £100m for a player you expect him to be the finished article or near enough and you expect him to be a game changer, aside from a few moments of brilliance he has been neither. I except its early days but the early signs are not great. If we bought him for £20m then no one would be that worried as he could sit on the bench for half a season or so until he adjusted to our game. But we didn't we put nearly all our eggs in one basket with a player in a position where we already had very good options which is all the more bizarre. Clearly its not Grealish's fault we paid £100m for him, but we did have a choice, we could have walked away and spent the money elsewhere.

People act like it's a crime to tell the truth here! How could anyone in their right mind say Grealish has been a success here? If we are going to go by that standard then Sterling is a god and Mahrez is an all time legend!

Let's just be honest with ourselves, let's assume Grealish was signed by the rags, the dippers or Chelsea and then goes on to replicate the form he has shown so far, would anyone here go crazy about his performance? Would anyone here call him a Success? How many of us here would have made fun of the rags or the dippers for splashing out 100m on Grealish?

Second scenario, Let's say we tried to sign Grealish and Villa told us he would cost 100m and we walk away and then Grealish stays at Villa and replicates the form he has shown so far, how many of us here would be happy that we walked away from the deal? How many of us would laugh at Villa for thinking we would have paid them 100m for Grealish? How many of us would feel like we dodged a bullet?

I get that Grealish is a City player and I really hope it works out but this delusion that some fans have about Grealish being a success is not how you support a footballer.

The same ones who would call Sancho a flop despite being the younger, less experienced player who has played fewer games in his first season in the pl are the same ones that would tell you Grealish is already a legend despite having a well below average season so far in a league he has been in for about 5 years now. That's just hypocrisy!
Excellent

Pep's reputation is in line if he gets bad results. Grealish has been good , he has created chances the problem is more the lack of a center forward.
Right now our best front is Grealish , Foden and Jesus. Grealish was never brought in as a goalscorer so maybe you should slightly change your expectations of him. I do agree he needs to score every now and then and hopefully he will get better and better and the goals will come too.
If you play in a front 3 with no striker, you HAVE to contribute with goals.

Grealish has not been good, average at best. Early days but he has to improve, like all the front line.

its not irrelevant as when you pay £100m for a player you expect him to be the finished article or near enough and you expect him to be a game changer, aside from a few moments of brilliance he has been neither. I except its early days but the early signs are not great. If we bought him for £20m then no one would be that worried as he could sit on the bench for half a season or so until he adjusted to our game. But we didn't we put nearly all our eggs in one basket with a player in a position where we already had very good options which is all the more bizarre. Clearly its not Grealish's fault we paid £100m for him, but we did have a choice, we could have walked away and spent the money elsewhere.
The only problem is you didn't pay 100 mil for him, Pep did!
So I dont see why youre worried about the money paid ?
Quite honestly , Ive never given much fucks about how much we paid for a player , and I struggle to understand why some of you have such a problem with the money paid for Grealish?
I understand the fans of other teams using that as an argument against us..

one of my least favorite football discourse tropes is the implication that by criticizing an extremely well paid football player for sub-par performances, you are "abusing", "hating" or "beating them with a stick", as if i went to his family's houses and shouted it over a loudspeaker. they are big boys. they can handle it.

Pep didn't want to spend the money elsewhere,he wanted Grealish and that was his price.
You make it sound like he has been a disaster.....which is comical,as while he hasn't yet blown anyone away,he has been an important cog in our play.Grealish most definitely hasn't been the weak link,you need to look elsewhere for that.

The only problem is you didn't pay 100 mil for him, Pep did!
So I dont see why youre worried about the money paid ?
Quite honestly , Ive never given much fucks about how much we paid for a player , and I struggle to understand why some of you have such a problem with the money paid for Grealish?
I understand the fans of other teams using that as an argument against us..
Who said i was worried? I'm not!, But I want the club to do well. Spending that much money on a player in a position you already have cover for limits what you can spend in other areas. Unless you think otherwise?

Do you think we have bottomless pit of money or something?

Pep didn't want to spend the money elsewhere,he wanted Grealish and that was his price.
You make it sound like he has been a disaster.....which is comical,as while he hasn't yet blown anyone away,he has been an important cog in our play.Grealish most definitely hasn't been the weak link,you need to look elsewhere for that.
You said disaster not me. I think he's been ok in some games, Burnley for one, but he hasn't exactly ripped up trees has he.

Sure he has time to improve and turn things around, playing him in the middle and dropping KDB would help for a start. But whether you like it or not, clubs don't spend £100m on average players, they buy and expect the best, and for many the jury is out on Jack and only a fool would think otherwise.

Who said i was worried? I'm not!, But I want the club to do well. Spending that much money on a player in a position you already have cover for limits what you can spend in other areas. Unless you think otherwise?

Do you think we have bottomless pit of money or something?
The position isn't covered as Sterling has been awful this season and Pep always likes to use Foden elsewhere where he needs a player of his quality. Imagine we didn't have Grealish and would have been forced to play with Sterling there all season or put Foden there and Sterling in the center. The good results we got this season we got them with Grealish on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.