10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said disaster not me. I think he's been ok in some games, Burnley for one, but he hasn't exactly ripped up trees has he.

Sure he has time to improve and turn things around, playing him in the middle and dropping KDB would help for a start. But whether you like it or not, clubs don't spend £100m on average players, they buy and expect the best, and for many the jury is out on Jack and only a fool would think otherwise.
Why is he supposed to "rip up trees" ? Hasn't even been here for 6 months yet ..

Possibly because we paid a record fee for him? Players are like anything else in life, the higher the value the more you rightly expect? or perhaps you don't think that is the case?
I'm afraid thats not how football works, Chelsea has paid almost the same money for Lukaku and he has 3 goals in 7 games so far. Keep in mind hes a CF and scoring goals is mostly what hes supposed to do.
United has paid 70 mil for Sancho and he has zero goals , zero assists and 0 contribution overall.
Would argue that Grealish has been better than both so far as overall contribution.

one of my least favorite football discourse tropes is the implication that by criticizing an extremely well paid football player for sub-par performances, you are "abusing", "hating" or "beating them with a stick", as if i went to his family's houses and shouted it over a loudspeaker. they are big boys. they can handle it.
Thats the usual response by many on here. You are not allowed to critique any player simply because Pep bought him it would seem.

I'm afraid thats not how football works, Chelsea has paid almost the same money for Lukaku and he has 3 goals in 7 games so far. Keep in mind hes a CF and scoring goals is mostly what hes supposed to do.
United has paid 70 mil for Sancho and he has zero goals , zero assists and 0 contribution overall.
Would argue that Grealish has been better than both so far as overall contribution.
No, that's exactly how it works, I can assure you Chelsea and united fans will be disappointed that they signed Sancho and Lukaku for those inflated prices.

no way a disaster. Has done well so far. And mark my words, will be a contender for the player of the year next season. This guy is the real deal. Give him time ffs. new tactics, new methods, new players, etc.

Villa he was the goto man, and now obvious not the case. So needs to accept the shared responsibilities...!

People act like it's a crime to tell the truth here! How could anyone in their right mind say Grealish has been a success here?!

How could anyone in their right mind call Grealish a success or failure after 10 GAMES!

Seems like people are so desperate to nail their colours to the mast of one side just so in 6/12 months they can say 'i told you so'.

There are plenty of players who have had a great first 10 games and turned out shit and vice versa so why don't people just calm down with the blanket statements.

have yet to see a chelsea fan complain about what they paid for Lukaku
Well he has also been injured for a few gams so its not a straight comparison is it?

Also they have managed without his contributions pretty well, we haven't done as well despite having our most expensive star player in the side have we?

Well he has also been injured for a few gams so its not a straight comparison is it?

Also they have managed without his contributions pretty well, we haven't done as well despite having our most expensive star player in the side have we?
Lukaku has 3 goals in 7 PL games and overall 4 goals and 1 assist in 11 games so far. (the stats are about the games he played in so his injury is irrelevant)
Grealish has 2 goals and 3 assists in 14 games so far.
The stats are pretty similar even though Grealish is expected to create goals while Lukaku is expected to score them. You don't really see Chelsea fans out there saying Lukaku is a flop or that they shouldn't have paid so much for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.