10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind people criticising Grealish but a lot of people in this thread are just bare-face lying about his contributions on the pitch, especially last night. Him and Cancelo played just as well as each other last night, the only difference was that the chances Cancelo created were buried by the players who received them. Grealish put Cancelo through but he spooned his finish onto the post, and Mahrez didn't bury a simple one-on-one that Grealish gifted to him. The other day against Palace he put one on a plate for Rodri in the second half but it got spooned it miles over. That's three gimme assists that Grealish doesn't have against his name just because the players he put through couldn't finish properly.
exactly the lying and denial here about his contribution is astounding. he is still creating almost the same amount of chances as in villa as the statistics prove, we just fuck up those chances. obviously he was never a winger in our system and even so he is playing pretty well.

by the way, notice how the two great chances he created didn't come from him being in the LW position. one cam from the left center midfielder position and the other from the right central midfielder position.
when he comes inside to be creative he looks as dangerous as KDB at his best. shame pep never lets him play there

I don't mind people criticising Grealish but a lot of people in this thread are just bare-face lying about his contributions on the pitch, especially last night. Him and Cancelo played just as well as each other last night, the only difference was that the chances Cancelo created were buried by the players who received them. .

92 clueless fuckers and liars, me included, voted for Cancelo as MOTM after his performance last night.

It's a close call at the moment and plenty of time for Jack to catch-up.

He's got 1 vote so far......

92 clueless fuckers and liars, me included, voted for Cancelo as MOTM after his performance last night.

It's a close call at the moment and plenty of time for Jack to catch-up.

He's got 1 vote so far......

well that is exactly what the poster means about rating players. Cancelo got 3 assist but he made numerous mistakes within the game that had us exposed but people give him MoM. If Grealish had 2 from his clear through balls and our players finished then everyone will be saying he was MoM, but instead since he didn't get those assist people here are slating Jack for an average performance.

well that is exactly what the poster means about rating players. Cancelo got 3 assist but he made numerous mistakes within the game that had us exposed but people give him MoM. If Grealish had 2 from his clear through balls and our players finished then everyone will be saying he was MoM, but instead since he didn't get those assist people here are slating Jack for an average performance.
All your posts are about jack

I'm directly answering @samuelyeboah who said Grealish "lost the ball every time" he tried to play a difficult pass. The fact he laid on two clear-cut chances, one for Cancelo and one for Mahrez, with two difficult passes is evidence that he didn't "lose the ball every time" he tried to play a difficult pass.

I don't expect a response.

The pass for Cancelo’s chance was obvious. If he’d have not played it, he wouldn’t be a footballer.

He did create 2 decent chances, but the ball he played to Cancelo or similar was on more than once for a few different players. He didn’t play it. He delayed as he always does.

I have zero issue with Grealish, he’s working hard & trying all he can. But so far, he seems to lack the instincts we need from a wide forward.
He’s never in the right spot for the type of goals that Sane, Sterling & Mahrez score.

He’s either never a left sided forward, or to me a total waste of money. He’s not a patch on Foden, Gundogan, De Bruyne or Bernardo centrally.

Sterling has been way off form and has never played well in the derby, but I’d still rather see him given Grealish’s minutes.

As much as every fan wants him to succeed, his direct goal involvements are simply no where near good enough for the minutes he’s getting.

People keep wanting to bemoan the lack of a striker, but we didn’t have one last year either. Guess what, we still were the best side in the World.
The problem is. Too many players aren’t performing or rather impacting games anywhere near enough. Grealish is the most guilty of this. Sterling is considered to be having a horrible season. Yet has been just as productive.

Grealish rightly gets more time as he’s adapting.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem suited to play left wing for us. Foden and Sterling make more sense in that position with our style. He's been pretty blunt there overall, with many of his best moments coming in a much deeper position like the pass to Cancelo.

Problem is that De Bruyne, Bernardo and Gundogan all get in as midfielders ahead of Jack on merit. So until Bernardo leaves (unless he changes his mind) or Gundogan's legs start to go in a few years, I'm not really sure what we do with Grealish.

That's an occupational hazard of joining one of the best clubs in the world.

that with the aging of Gundo and KDB is why we brought him. but I think the biggest issue is I think we don't have a 9. so we have a domino effect where Foden has to be moved there and next best player in left wing is Jack as Jeseus is better on the right ans Sterling in shit form.

Why was not having a number 9 last season no issue whatsoever? In fact it was the main reason for a total upturn in form.

The pass for Cancelo’s chance was obvious. If he’d have not played it, he wouldn’t be a footballer.

He did create 2 decent chances, but the ball he played to Cancelo or similar was on more than once for a few different players. He didn’t play it. He delayed as he always does.

I have zero issue with Grealish, he’s working hard & trying all he can. But so far, he seems to lack the instincts we need from a wide forward.
He’s never in the right spot for the type of goals that Sane, Sterling & Mahrez score.

He’s either never a left sided forward, or to me a total waste of money. He’s not a patch on Foden, Gundogan, De Bruyne or Bernardo centrally.

Sterling has been way off form and has never played well in the derby, but I’d still rather see him given Grealish’s minutes.

As much as every fan wants him to succeed, his direct goal involvements are simply no where near good enough for the minutes he’s getting.

People keep wanting to bemoan the lack of a striker, but we didn’t have one last year either. Guess what, we still were the best side in the World.
The problem is. Too many players aren’t performing or rather impacting games anywhere near enough. Grealish is the most guilty of this. Sterling is considered to be having a horrible season. Yet has been just as productive.

Grealish rightly gets more time as he’s adapting.
Good post and good points made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.