10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm directly answering @samuelyeboah who said Grealish "lost the ball every time" he tried to play a difficult pass. The fact he laid on two clear-cut chances, one for Cancelo and one for Mahrez, with two difficult passes is evidence that he didn't "lose the ball every time" he tried to play a difficult pass.

I don't expect a response.
Ah right, fair enough.

I think he has had a decent start at the club and even last night, played one sublime pass as well as creating opportunities for others. Generally speaking, he was tidy in possession and used it well. Conversely, I would like to see him taking on his man on the outside if he is to play on the wing. I would rather him play a little more centrally though, on the left of centre midfield with Bern on the right and Rodri in the centre, playing Phil wide left. I wish all of our fans would give new players time to properly emerge: many are too quick to judge and then spend the next six months waiting for a player to fail so that their earlier opinion is justified. Surely, we have learned that players take time, most of the time.

not read all the thread but my thoughts, Grealish is a top footballer and here for long term but i think he was bought as Bernardos replacment but bernnie staying and his outstanding form has left pep a bit of a conundrum
that with the aging of Gundo and KDB is why we brought him. but I think the biggest issue is I think we don't have a 9. so we have a domino effect where Foden has to be moved there and next best player in left wing is Jack as Jeseus is better on the right ans Sterling in shit form.

Never a wide player for me, too slow, very predictable and rarely a goal threat.

Perfect as one of a midfield 3, keeps him involved in the game constantly and he has an edge to his personality that we lack.

But to play in our midfield he will have to be a lot more disciplined and a lot fitter.

Trying to say he was good last night? Sterling would have got an absolute slating if he was in the fullbacks pocket as much as Jack last night.

Yep confirmation bias.
This is why performance threads are really redundant.
Those who have nailed their colours to a particular mast will see what they are desperate to see.
The reality is we are not seeing the best of Jack as he needs more freedom to express his skills, and his performances though not dire are nowhere near his potential.
Last night he was ok
When Sterling came on against a tired defence he was very good, despite being below par this season, yet those people who want him out couldn't see his skills for what they are. In fact one poster decided to concentrate on one pass he failed to control, rather than his contribution overall.

I don't mind people criticising Grealish but a lot of people in this thread are just bare-face lying about his contributions on the pitch, especially last night. Him and Cancelo played just as well as each other last night, the only difference was that the chances Cancelo created were buried by the players who received them. Grealish put Cancelo through but he spooned his finish onto the post, and Mahrez didn't bury a simple one-on-one that Grealish gifted to him. The other day against Palace he put one on a plate for Rodri in the second half but it got spooned it miles over. That's three gimme assists that Grealish doesn't have against his name just because the players he put through couldn't finish properly.

not read all the thread but my thoughts, Grealish is a top footballer and here for long term but i think he was bought as Bernardos replacment but bernnie staying and his outstanding form has left pep a bit of a conundrum

I agree. Grealish will be moulded into an 8 in the future but for the time being we will have to make do with him being integrated on the wing. Very similar to what happened with Bernardo when he first came here form Monaco.

Apart from when he laid two chances on a plate for teammates who squandered them.
wait, what are you answering to?

you're completely confusing what I said. I said that whenever he tried to dribble past clinton mata, he lost the ball to him. that happened 5 times at least during the match.

what you're referring to is grealish's pass to cancelo which set up the start of the first goal. in that situation he did not attempt to dribble past anyone, and so it is completely irrelevant to what I said? What other scenario has he successfully completed a dribble that you're referring to?

It's like you answered a completely imaginary argument you thought I was making in your head, which seems to be a fairly common response in this forum nowadays.

I replied to someone saying he wished grealish would try to "cut in and shoot". i said he had, multiple times, and failed every time. what you decided to answer to is someone (presumably me) saying that he's tried to "play a hard pass" and failed, which is something I did not actually say.

incredible.

wait, what are you answering to?

you're completely confusing what I said. I said that whenever he tried to dribble past clinton mata, he lost the ball to him. that happened 5 times at least during the match.

what you're referring to is grealish's pass to cancelo which set up the start of the first goal. in that situation he did not attempt to dribble past anyone, and so it is completely irrelevant to what I said? What other scenario has he successfully completed a dribble that you're referring to?

It's like you answered a completely imaginary argument you thought I was making in your head, which seems to be a fairly common response in this forum nowadays.

I replied to someone saying he wished grealish would try to "cut in and shoot". i said he had, multiple times, and failed every time. what you decided to answer to is someone (presumably me) saying that he's tried to "play a hard pass" and failed, which is something I did not actually say.

incredible.
You responded "he lost the ball every time" to a post that ended with the line "[Grealish tried to] play the hard pass and most of the time it got intercepted".

So you can understand the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.