10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superb player but think when he's wide left, he needs to be paired with a left footed fullback who can go down the line. He and Cancelo want to do similar things and take similar positions. Worked better 2nd half when he moved more infield while Cancelo was wide and if Grealish stayed wide, Cancelo moved inside.

Superb player but think when he's wide left, he needs to be paired with a left footed fullback who can go down the line. He and Cancelo want to do similar things and take similar positions. Worked better 2nd half when he moved more infield while Cancelo was wide and if Grealish stayed wide, Cancelo moved inside.
Good point. That would work really well. Zinchenko is the most likely

Just not a left winger. Cancelo goes on the outside more than Zinky ever will or could. Zinchenko could work well with his more conservative approach if Foden is there because he’ll just hold his position well and ping it down the line early to someone who can actually provide width and skin people on the outside stretching the pitch. Then again Foden and Cancelo would link up well and Foden would provide better defensive help to him than Jack does.

Just not a left winger. Cancelo goes on the outside more than Zinky ever will or could. Zinchenko could work well with his more conservative approach if Foden is there because he’ll just hold his position well and ping it down the line early to someone who can actually provide width and skin people on the outside stretching the pitch. Then again Foden and Cancelo would link up well and Foden would provide better defensive help to him than Jack does.
I think Foden is better in CM personally (as probably Grealish would be too). I think he would work well with Bernardo and Rodri. Good energy. bit of pace and willingness to run with the ball, excellent technical ability and a creative passer.

Really want Jack to start cutting in and shooting. Did it against Leipzig and it worked well, but last night looking to play the hard pass and most of the time it got intercepted.

I think Foden is better in CM personally (as probably Grealish would be too). I think he would work well with Bernardo and Rodri. Good energy. bit of pace and willingness to run with the ball, excellent technical ability and a creative passer.
I agree it’ll end up his best position. Only problem is I’d say he’s currently by far our most effective player on the left too. Grealish will hopefully move more centrally eventually but some competition to shift for the number 8 roles currently.

Apart from when he laid two chances on a plate for teammates who squandered them.
Trying to say he was good last night? Sterling would have got an absolute slating if he was in the fullbacks pocket as much as Jack last night.

Trying to say he was good last night? Sterling would have got an absolute slating if he was in the fullbacks pocket as much as Jack last night.
I'm directly answering @samuelyeboah who said Grealish "lost the ball every time" he tried to play a difficult pass. The fact he laid on two clear-cut chances, one for Cancelo and one for Mahrez, with two difficult passes is evidence that he didn't "lose the ball every time" he tried to play a difficult pass.

I don't expect a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.