10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
true! nevertheless i have not seen anyone have a counterpoint to the above fact. Jack has indeed has more skillsets to play the no8 role than Gundo. Sure if you put him there tomorrow it would be a downgrade but need to remember gundo has learnt the position in 5 years here, when he was here in the inital years he was close to useless. People have short memories. If you put Jack in no8 and let him learn for a year he will reach heights Gundo can never in terms of pure midfield dominance

Gündy's a better passer than Jack, especially as he can use both feet comfortably. He's more intelligent, makes consistently better decisions, is better off the ball and has a phenomenal understanding of space and tempo.

If Grealish goes on to be better than Gündy for City then we're all in for something special

You don’t want Grealish to be moulded by Guardiola - he’d become average. We paid £100m for a mercurial player, not some dull component in a system.

I want us to to use him like Modric; allow him to improvise from a central midfield position, carry the ball, borrow it to others. Let him control the entire game.
Oh look, dickhead still pretending Peps a poor manager.

You don’t want Grealish to be moulded by Guardiola - he’d become average.

try-not-to-laugh-straight-face.gif

You don’t want Grealish to be moulded by Guardiola - he’d become average. We paid £100m for a mercurial player, not some dull component in a system.

I want us to to use him like Modric; allow him to improvise from a central midfield position, carry the ball, borrow it to others. Let him control the entire game.
Lol

Absolute nonsense.

Gudno was a world class player before he signed for us, we got him and on the cheap because of a serious injury.

50 plus caps for Germany shows the mans class and apart from said injuries you could have doubled that tally.

IF Grealish becomes anywhere near Gundo's level he will have done well.
he was never world class. he was a useful cog in a system and a very good player. he was never considered a great talent. Infact Isco who was a similar type of player was considered as the one we should by and rated higher. Germany also lacked very good midfielders for a period of time, International football is useless to judge a player.

I didnt read that he was downplaying Gundogan's achievements, but it it true he was the boo boy for a long time "Peps pet" when he kept getting picked. Even when his game clicked (after coming back from serious injuries and integrating into a Pep team) and he was integral to the unbeaten run that won us the league he was still undervalued as a result of the poor previous form he had had where he was learning the way Peps teams play.

Jacks progress will be like Gundo, Bernardo and many other players coming into Pep's teams. Once it clicks I am convinced he will be up there with those guys, fully bedded in midfield of Grealish, Foden, Bernardo? Yes please.
exactly go back and watch those threads many people were saying he was useless. Ferna, KDB and Silva was our first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.