10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word talent in the dictionary.. “Natural aptitude or skill”

I don’t believe that transfers too well to a footballer. Every elite level footballer has a “natural aptitude or skill” for the game.

But if you take ‘aptitude’, suitability or fitness, a natural ability to do something. So, Gundogan has over 10 seasons playing central midfield for two excellent managers & clubs and 50+ caps for Germany. Grealish, non. I’d say Gundogan has shown far more take t for central midfield by dictionary definition..

So, I’d get back to your dictionary if I were you. Jack has shown nowhere near the levels of natural aptitude or skill of Gundogan so far in his career.

What ‘talent’ is it that you think Grealish has so much more of than Gundogan? I’ve named several very important natural aptitudes that Gundogan holds over Grealish. Which means he’s a far better central midfielder.

As far as I’m aware, Grealish has never ever played central midfield for anyone as a senior professional. So I have to ask, what natural aptitude or skill do you believe Grealish has over Gundogan when it comes to playing central midfield?

Grealish is a nice footballer with a pretty average career to date, hopefully his ability to hold the ball, his attitude, his energy levels will lead him to become very important for us. But to play for us regularly, he’s going to have up his game. Which there’s no reason he can’t.
Fuckin outstanding schfc6

I don’t believe that transfers too well to a footballer. Every elite level footballer has a “natural aptitude or skill” for the game.

But if you take ‘aptitude’, suitability or fitness, a natural ability to do something. So, Gundogan has over 10 seasons playing central midfield for two excellent managers & clubs and 50+ caps for Germany. Grealish, non. I’d say Gundogan has shown far more aptitude/talent natural or otherwise for central midfield by dictionary definition..

So, I’d get back to your dictionary if I were you. Jack has shown nowhere near the levels of natural aptitude or skill of Gundogan so far in his career.

What ‘talent’ is it that you think Grealish has so much more of than Gundogan? I’ve named several very important natural aptitudes that Gundogan holds over Grealish. Which means he’s a far better central midfielder.

As far as I’m aware, Grealish has never ever played central midfield for anyone as a senior professional. So I have to ask, what natural aptitude or skill do you believe Grealish has over Gundogan when it comes to playing central midfield?

Grealish is a nice footballer with a pretty average career to date, hopefully his ability to hold the ball, his attitude, his energy levels will lead him to become very important for us. But to play for us regularly, he’s going to have up his game. Which there’s no reason he can’t.
Excellent post.

But if you take ‘aptitude’, suitability or fitness, a natural ability to do something. So, Gundogan has over 10 seasons playing central midfield for two excellent managers & clubs and 50+ caps for Germany. Grealish, non. I’d say Gundogan has shown far more aptitude/talent natural or otherwise for central midfield by dictionary definition..

I agree with u for most of the part about Gundogan. But just one thing to point out-

Grealish did play central midfield in his senior career. Actually his position was described as CAM rather than LW by Fifa before 2020. And he played as CAM role in England vs Czech Republic in place of Mason Mount this summer. He also played as CAM in his last game at Villa against Chelsea. Indeed he often roams to the left when playing as CAM but it is the same when Mason Mount played in the same role and no one will argue that Mason Mount was CAM in first 2 England games on the group stage.

I agree with u for most of the part about Gundogan. But just one thing to point out-

Grealish did play central midfield in his senior career. Actually his position was described as CAM rather than LW by Fifa before 2020. And he played as CAM role in England vs Czech Republic in place of Mason Mount this summer. He also played as CAM in his last game at Villa against Chelsea. Indeed he often roams to the left when playing as CAM but it is the same when Mason Mount played in the same role and no one will argue that Mason Mount was CAM in first 2 England games on the group stage.

CAM/no.10 is not central
midfield though. Gundogan doesn’t play CAM/10 for us, we don’t really play one.

Every forward thinking players best position is the no.10. It’s the the most fun, loads of ball and little in terms of defensive requirements.

That’s kind of my point, for someone to say Grealish is ready to replace Gundogan in our system as a central midfielder is nothing short of deluded.

Grealish is doing ok, nothing more, nothing less. He’s shown glimpses of what he can do. He is full of talent, so hopefully he improves.

Yet Gundogan was slagged off on here for 2 years.
That says everything you need to know about 99% of fans of every club that has existed since football was invented.

It's called independent thinking. If everyone had the same opinion about everything, the world would be a very dull place.

I'm sure that the players won't lose any sleep over what us plebs think about them.

CAM/no.10 is not central
midfield though. Gundogan doesn’t play CAM/10 for us, we don’t really play one.

Every forward thinking players best position is the no.10. It’s the the most fun, loads of ball and little in terms of defensive requirements.

That’s kind of my point, for someone to say Grealish is ready to replace Gundogan in our system as a central midfielder is nothing short of deluded.

Grealish is doing ok, nothing more, nothing less. He’s shown glimpses of what he can do. He is full of talent, so hopefully he improves.
i would say as high are our 8's play, a role as a #10 isn't too much difference, the defensive side and def positioning is though, what I assume Pep will be ironing out in the wide slot as he did with Bernardo. (can see Palmer being given the same trajectory).

The tools are there in glimpses, right now? nah.. eventually though i'd be happy to see him given as shot at that left #8 with Foden. (Although i love Phil in the front line, just too clinical compared the rest atm).

1) Gundo is shite at playing through the pressure. every time he is pressed he decides to take the safe option or sometimes looses the ball as he his not strong enough. Jack can play through the press and dribble beyond the pressing player. Go watch the southampton match Gundo's inability to play through the press was one of the reason we had a shit match. Grealish is amazing at playing through the press.

2) Gundo never tries to make the difficult passes through the lines and creative passes. He mostly makes the forward pass when the space is obvious. Jack is better as a creative player no doubt.

3) Gundo does not have the legs to defend transitions. Jack has already shown some good tracking back during transition and winning back the ball. again if you see some of the goals we concede when Gundo plays, we get played through the transition easily.

natural talent and aptitude is not the same you seem to be confusing those. You think if you take Gundo at his younger years without any leanings from the great managers and put him in say a Villa side he would have a greater natural talent to carry and impact the side? no way lol. Gundo was never considered at the highest level of potential in Germany. he was a level below.

aptitude = talent that needs to be honed. natural talent = raw inherent talent, unadulterated skill that is unhardened and need not be honed to use. I would take Jack's natural talent over Gundo's any day of the week if I decide to teach each of them a midfield role from the beginning, he has greater potential. now weather he will realize those talents is another matter.

For all the above reasons I will take Jack above Gundo. now Gundo has other positives that he gives to the team in the midfield especially if we play false 9 and he can score goals. but if we are to move forward as a team its time to move away from someone who is getting old and focus on the future that is Jack.

If you don't agree about Jack, then I suggest you go and watch some of his matches for villa, I mean the full match and not the highlights. then you can see all his varied skills and natural talent he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.