10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to refer to the dictionary I am afraid. I said talent not football IQ. As a talent grealish is better than gundo no question. you think gundo had the same IQ to play the system when he came here? no people were slating him for the first two years saying he was useless. he ofcourse became better learning under pep for two years.

as for the bolder part. Jack is easily better than Gundo at holding on to the ball when pressured in the middle and also he is easily more creative passer than Gundo. also being younger he certainly has more energy to run.

I’ll give you one thing, you’re a committed fanboy..

I have no interest in downplaying what Grealish is good or bad at.

However Gundogan was the best player on the park by some distance when he was 22/23 in a CL final. He was the best player at BVB.

I think perhaps you’re mistaking talent for keepy uppies, or just plain old dribbling. Are you saying Grealish is more ‘talented’ than Inesta or David Silva?

Football talent isn’t really a thing. Especially not at the very top. They all have immense talent, it’s how they apply that talent to a game..

Gundogan has been one of the best central midfielders in Europe for a decade. Dictating tempo, timing of runs, vision in tight spaces, passing, weight of pass, reading the game, game management, assessing danger, tactical fouls, positioning are all included in the word ‘talent’ with regards to football.

As I said, I have no interest in critiquing Grealish, but he’s the same age now as Gundogan was when we signed him. By 26 Gundogan was one of the best central midfielders in Europe.

I suggest you go watch City’s 1-1 draw with BVB, Gundogan made us look like cart horses. And we were a fucking good side. To put that in perspective, at the same age, Grealish just wasn’t really very good.

Grealish has done nothing in his career to suggest he’s going to be anywhere near the central midfielder that Gundogan is.

To me his talents lie elsewhere, as a controlling wide man, he needs to improve his instincts, the killer pass needs to quicker, he needs to get in better goal scoring positions far more frequently. He will hopefully learn these skills and quick.

However Gundogan was the best player on the park by some distance when he was 22/23 in a CL final. He was the best player at BVB.

I think perhaps you’re mistaking talent for keepy uppies, or just plain old dribbling. Are you saying Grealish is more ‘talented’ than Inesta or David Silva?

Football talent isn’t really a thing. Especially not at the very top. They all have immense talent, it’s how they apply that talent to a game..

Gundogan has been one of the best central midfielders in Europe for a decade. Dictating tempo, timing of runs, vision in tight spaces, passing, weight of pass, reading the game, game management, assessing danger, tactical fouls, positioning are all included in the word ‘talent’ with regards to football.

As I said, I have no interest in critiquing Grealish, but he’s the same age now as Gundogan was when we signed him. By 26 Gundogan was one of the best central midfielders in Europe.

I suggest you go watch City’s 1-1 draw with BVB, Gundogan made us look like cart horses. And we were a fucking good side. To put that in perspective, at the same age, Grealish just wasn’t really very good.

Grealish has done nothing in his career to suggest he’s going to be anywhere near the central midfielder that Gundogan is.

To me his talents lie elsewhere, as a controlling wide man, he needs to improve his instincts, the killer pass needs to quicker, he needs to get in better goal scoring positions far more frequently. He will hopefully learn these skills and quick.

I think perhaps you’re mistaking talent for keepy uppies, or just plain old dribbling. Are you saying Grealish is more ‘talented’ than

I suggest you go watch City’s 1-1 draw with BVB, Gundogan made us look like cart horses. And we were a fucking good side.
Brilliant

Some City fans seem desperate for any big name player to fail. I don't get it. Grealish has been good, perhaps not great, for the most tactically demanding manager in world football. He was important in picking up important points away at Chelsea and Brighton, and therefore why we are currently sat second in the league, and is a reason why we look like we are going to be qualifying out of our CL group. He's going to get better. Everyone chill.
You are just being totally insincere. If there are actual city fans that want Grealish to fail then they are not city fans. Grealish is not a kid, he is a 26 year old man that cost 100m, yes it is not his fault but it is what it is. People have been underwhelmed and I am part of them but it doesn’t mean I don’t think he can improve or I want him to fail. I am just saying what I feel about him right now that is all.

Btw I have also noticed there are some city fans that are hell bent on protecting Grealish. We have some people that swear he has been good since he came, they judge him on the lowest of standards. How many of our results have our 100m man affected ?

Last edited:
You are just being totally insincere. If there are actual city fans that want Grealish to fail then they are not city fans. Grealish is not a kid, he is a 26 year old man that cost 100m, yes it is not his fault but it is what it is. People have been underwhelmed and I am part of them but it doesn’t mean I don’t think he can improve or I want him to fail. I am just saying what I feel about him right now that is all.

Btw I have also noticed there are some city fans that are hell bent on protecting Grealish. We have some people that swear he has been good since he came, they judge him on the lowest of standards. How many of our results have our 100m man affected ?
Hell bent on protecting one of our players from unfair or undue criticism. Whatever next?! I'm not being "insecere", I'm reflecting a general vibe that I've read over the last 25 pages. And I named the games that I thought he played an important role in in my comment. Like I said, he's working hard, learning new roles, contributing and sacrificing himself for the team (despite being the main man at a former club), and doing better than basically any other player who has come in and had to adapt under Pep.

lol again you need to refer to the dictionary before replying to me again. I said talent not execution. what part of that do you not get?

of course Gundo had been a better midfielder than Jack at his age but he had the chance to learn from two of the best managers in the world that Jack never had the chance.

again in terms of pure natural talent I will take Jack over Gundo any day of the week. Go read a dictionary and come back to try again.

Hell bent on protecting one of our players from unfair or undue criticism. Whatever next?! I'm not being "insecere", I'm reflecting a general vibe that I've read over the last 25 pages. And I named the games that I thought he played an important role in in my comment. Like I said, he's working hard, learning new roles, contributing and sacrificing himself for the team (despite being the main man at a former club), and doing better than basically any other player who has come in and had to adapt under Pep.
Seems like the OP is very defensive when looking at hard facts and confronting his own bias

So now it is just people criticizing him and not actually people wanting him to fail
Grealish cant be criticized or what ?

I guess people are not supposed to talk about how they feel about Grealish so far because that makes you a hater and it means you want him to fail.

lol again you need to refer to the dictionary before replying to me again. I said talent not execution. what part of that do you not get?

of course Gundo had been a better midfielder than Jack at his age but he had the chance to learn from two of the best managers in the world that Jack never had the chance.

again in terms of pure natural talent I will take Jack over Gundo any day of the week. Go read a dictionary and come back to try again.
The word talent in the dictionary.. “Natural aptitude or skill”

I don’t believe that transfers too well to a footballer. Every elite level footballer has a “natural aptitude or skill” for the game.

But if you take ‘aptitude’, suitability or fitness, a natural ability to do something. So, Gundogan has over 10 seasons playing central midfield for two excellent managers & clubs and 50+ caps for Germany. Grealish, non. I’d say Gundogan has shown far more aptitude/talent natural or otherwise for central midfield by dictionary definition..

So, I’d get back to your dictionary if I were you. Jack has shown nowhere near the levels of natural aptitude or skill of Gundogan so far in his career.

What ‘talent’ is it that you think Grealish has so much more of than Gundogan? I’ve named several very important natural aptitudes that Gundogan holds over Grealish. Which means he’s a far better central midfielder.

As far as I’m aware, Grealish has never ever played central midfield for anyone as a senior professional. So I have to ask, what natural aptitude or skill do you believe Grealish has over Gundogan when it comes to playing central midfield?

Grealish is a nice footballer with a pretty average career to date, hopefully his ability to hold the ball, his attitude, his energy levels will lead him to become very important for us. But to play for us regularly, he’s going to have up his game. Which there’s no reason he can’t.

Last edited:
So now it is just people criticizing him and not actually people wanting him to fail
Grealish cant be criticized or what ?

I guess people are not supposed to talk about how they feel about Grealish so far because that makes you a hater and it means you want him to fail.
For fuck sake. You quoted me, I didn't direct anything towards you, I don't really know or care about your opinion on Grealish. I was commenting upon reading what felt like pages and pages of people gleefully knocking a player who I think has been on par and/or slightly above it for a new player entering a tactically difficult team. He's had two excellent performances, a couple of decent enough performances, and a couple of anonymous performances, and scored an exceptional European goal while contributing better than average, and sometimes top of the class, stats in terms of ball retention, ball carrying and attacks. Everyone agrees the best is yet to come, or if he looks the same in two years time then we will have overspent on him, but judging by the looks of some people on here there won't ever be enough to satisfy his price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.