10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, cheating on his girlfriend and having it plastered all over the tabloids is absolutely not a good look.

But let's be honest, we've had plenty of these sorts of stories about a lot of our players in recent years. Walker having prostitutes round for an orgy during lockdown, and refusing to acknowledge or support a child he fathered from cheating. Foden's attempt to break lockdown rules with those girls in Iceland. Stones spying on his ex with hidden cameras. And that's just the stories that made it to the papers of City's English lads disrespecting the mothers of their children in recent memory, I'm sure there's loads more.

If this stuff doesn't affect their football then I'm not sure we have any evidence that Pep cares. I mean - he kept playing Mendy. And that was a whole other level of bad publicity.

That doesn't mean that he - or we - shouldn't care. But it'd be hypocritical to act like Jack's done something somehow out of the ordinary for a footballer, or that he's bringing the club's reputation into disrepute, or that it's something Guardiola's necessarily going to pull him up on or punish him for.

Some City fans seem desperate for any big name player to fail. I don't get it. Grealish has been good, perhaps not great, for the most tactically demanding manager in world football. He was important in picking up important points away at Chelsea and Brighton, and therefore why we are currently sat second in the league, and is a reason why we look like we are going to be qualifying out of our CL group. He's going to get better. Everyone chill.

Jack can easily displace Gundo once he learned our system and way of playing. He is easily more talented than gundo ever was
Wow, just wow. Some fans still undervalue Gundogan? He was Klopp’s key man at BVB and Pep’s first signing here. Plays every game for the German national team.

So far, I’ve not seen one thing that Grealish could offer centrally that Gundogan doesn’t.

He should replace Gundogan . All Gundogan offers is goals and they have dried up this year.

You honestly think that? Wow. We were the best team in the World last year and Gundogan was our best player. Gundogan is one of the best central midfielders in the game. He’s seamlessly replaced David Silva who arguable the leagues best ever central midfielder..

You honestly think that? Wow. We were the best team in the World last year and Gundogan was our best player. Gundogan is one of the best central midfielders in the game. He’s seamlessly replaced David Silva who arguable the leagues best ever central midfielder..
You’ll end up right down the rabbit hole conversing with that crank.

Wow, just wow. Some fans still undervalue Gundogan? He was Klopp’s key man at BVB and Pep’s first signing here. Plays every game for the German national team.

So far, I’ve not seen one thing that Grealish could offer centrally that Gundogan doesn’t.
you need to refer to the dictionary I am afraid. I said talent not football IQ. As a talent grealish is better than gundo no question. you think gundo had the same IQ to play the system when he came here? no people were slating him for the first two years saying he was useless. he ofcourse became better learning under pep for two years.

as for the bolder part. Jack is easily better than Gundo at holding on to the ball when pressured in the middle and also he is easily more creative passer than Gundo. also being younger he certainly has more energy to run.

Considering what Grealish does and what he offers, he's more likely to be challenging one of Bernardo (progression + dribbling) or De Bruyne (creativity + directness) than Gundogan if he moves to a central position.

When Phil was at the euros . What did he do . I am not say that Phil won't become a world class player . But Ballon Dor. I don't know .

When Gazza was at any game apart from the Euros . What did he do . I am not say that Gazza wasn't a world class player . But Ballon Dor. I don't know .

You see how these arguments just look stupid?

you need to refer to the dictionary I am afraid. I said talent not football IQ. As a talent grealish is better than gundo no question. you think gundo had the same IQ to play the system when he came here? no people were slating him for the first two years saying he was useless. he ofcourse became better learning under pep for two years.

as for the bolder part. Jack is easily better than Gundo at holding on to the ball when pressured in the middle and also he is easily more creative passer than Gundo. also being younger he certainly has more energy to run.

I don't agree with the first sentence but it's subjective so I won't fight it. And the second one, does it really matter if he's not actually getting any assists (and he isn't)? The third point is kind of moot because Fernandinho was five years older than Gundogan is now before he started to struggle with the intensity of the system.

Grealish has a lot of potential but I honestly think it's insulting to Gundogan to say that Jack's better now. One has been a staple in the Germany team for years and won a load of trophies with us, and the other, so far, has done nothing of note yet. Not even any notable individual accolades whereas Gundogan has made a Team of the Year.

We focus wayyyyyy too much on "talent" and not enough on how much they do with that talent. Same argument I had with the guy who said Gazza was better than Lampard a few dozen pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.