10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows you what Pep thinks of him. We're facing 10 men, struggling to create clear cut chances and Grealish stays on the bench.
He played full 90 minutes 2-3 days ago, so got well-earned rest today..

I don't think manager who payed 100m for a player - can change his mind after 2-3 months..

We missed Jack today for sure, he would help during the ball control and possession - we struggled today during Arsenal`s pressing..

I too would like to see more from Jack, but I don't get some of the anger and jabs directed at him. He's played very well at times and we should all know by now that you can't fully judge a player in their first season under Pep. Leave the underhanded comments and complaints about his price tag to the media and rival supporters.

I'm sure this won't change any minds, but am sharing it just for visibility and understanding.

Jack carries the ball into the box at a rate that no-one else can get anywhere near. He's also right up with the very best in the league in terms of the number of open play shots created by his actions (feel free to query the person providing these stats on what the criteria are for this). I've seen similar graphs for previous years and he's always out on his own like that.

So yeah, this season so far he does look like he's playing it a little safe, and we're certainly seeing him pass backwards more than we'd like. And I think there really is a sensible discussion to be had about what he does once he gets the ball into the box, and what we'd rather he does, as well as conversations about other aspects of his game and where we think improvements could be made. There's also a lot of value I think in the conversations we've had about what his best position might be and how the team can be set up to best benefit from what he brings.

But in these sorts of metrics, he's a player with a profile unlike anyone else in our team or in the league. I'm not saying that makes him the best player in the team or league or anything like that - simply, nobody does what he does to the extent that he does it. He's an outlier.

I reckon these sorts of figures are why Pep and the club were so keen to buy him, and why Pep's been defending his performances.

This season so far, he looks uncertain and lacking in confidence and like he's playing way too safe - but when he feels he can he's still progressing the ball like he always has (and when it's not on, as we've discussed before, he's very effectively keeping possession for us too).

Last edited:
Shows you what Pep thinks of him. We're facing 10 men, struggling to create clear cut chances and Grealish stays on the bench.

Nothing to do with it, because Pep rarely makes changes that even fans questioning about it this season. The reason is he doesn't want a distrupt the rhythm and flow of play that players on the pitch is getting at even if we struggling at creating a chances, he have an absolute faith barring an injury the players on the pitch will able turn it around and it paid off.

So many clamoring for Ake, rodri and KDB to get subbed and yet three of them is instrumental on why we able to turn it around and getting us a win.

Nothing to do with it, because Pep rarely makes changes that even fans questioning about it this season. The reason is he doesn't want a distrupt the rhythm and flow of play that players on the pitch is getting at even if we struggling at creating a chances, he have an absolute faith barring an injury the players on the pitch will able turn it around and it paid off.

So many clamoring for Ake, rodri and KDB to get subbed and yet three of them is instrumental on why we able to turn it around and getting us a win.

Personally thought Pep got the formation wrong against the Arse as it exposed Cancelo & Ake against two very tricky wingers with little assistance.

In saying that his faith/stubbornness in the players got the result but thought putting Jack on would have been ideal against 10men by his close control & dribbling dragging the Gooners out of position & allowing our favoured overloads.

I know Pep’s refusal to make subs is a hot topic on here but my god we made hard work of it & even making some subs in the dying minutes would have wasted some time & disrupted any potential Gooner momentum as well as minimising injuries which normally occur when fatigued.

Personally thought Pep got the formation wrong against the Arse as it exposed Cancelo & Ake against two very tricky wingers with little assistance.

In saying that his faith/stubbornness in the players got the result but thought putting Jack on would have been ideal against 10men by his close control & dribbling dragging the Gooners out of position & allowing our favoured overloads.

I know Pep’s refusal to make subs is a hot topic on here but my god we made hard work of it & even making some subs in the dying minutes would have wasted some time & disrupted any potential Gooner momentum as well as minimising injuries which normally occur when fatigued.

Because he have no other choice for lineup Zinchenko is out because Covid, Stones is injured and Walker isn't fit enough because he have not played for almost two weeks.

He can't put Academy player because they will be get lost in high profile away match. Do you already informed about player status before making this comment?

The thing is he obviously have own reason on why he didn't put Jack against that Arsenal team and tbh i rather trust his judgement because if we didn't already through tough away match leading to Arsenal Match we will not get dominated easily like that.

Last edited:
Because he have no other choice for lineup Zinchenko is out because Covid, Stones is injured and Walker isn't fit enough because he have not played for almost two weeks.

He can't put Academy player because they will be get lost in high profile away match. Do you already informed about player status before making this comment?

The thing is he obviously have own reason on why he didn't put Jack against that Arsenal team and tbh i rather trust his judgement because if we didn't already through tough away match leading to Arsenal Match we will not get dominated easily like that.

Easy there tiger, I mentioned formation not team sheet.

It was pretty obvious from the beginning Martinelli & Saka were getting a lot of joy down the wings due to Cancelo pushing on forward & Ake being assigned a tough assignment as a central defender in keeping up with Saka in a left back role. Not really Cancelo & Ake’s fault but I’m sure they would have preferred some more protection to help them out & have more control of the game.

Anyway, I digress & I suspect Pep is saving Jack for the spell when Mahrez is away on AFCON duty for around 3-4 weeks either on the left wing or false 9 position.

KgvHuPf.jpg
How much weight my wife says I’ve put on over Christmas?

I don't think manager who payed 100m for a player - can change his mind after 2-3 months..

We missed Jack today for sure, he would help during the ball control and possession - we struggled today during Arsenal`s pressing..

Please tell me your joking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.