10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish was never good enough to be the same player for us that he was for Villa. Why would we run 90% of our attacks through him and let him do what he wants with the ball when we've got the likes of Gundo, Kev, Phil, Bernardo, Sterling, Mahrez etc?

Truth is that his game has to be changed massively for him to become an important player for us but he's not lacking in talent and if he can keep his head screwed on, trust the process and fuck around less off the pitch then he'll end up reaching his full potential, which is more than simply running around doing what he wants for a Championship club.

For me, the people who are doubting him after half a season are as daft as those who thought he was going to be the next Zidane/ Ronaldinho before he arrived. Well, maybe not quite as daft but you get the point.

Yeah it is :)

Pep in the post match interview said he asked the team to adjust a little bit in the 2nd half - and emphasised on not giving Brentford set pieces. He said we gave them too many set pieces in the first half.

I watched Brentford vs Chelsea and Liverpool - both very good at attacking/defending set pieces - and Brentford still got them endless trouble with set pieces. Chelsea luckily escaped with Mendy's MOTM display.

In the first half Ferna/Grealish and others gave the opposites some set pieces - because some other tried some risky passes and failed - at least twice by KDB. Pep was not happy with it and called it to a stop after half time.

Perhaps many fans did not realise how vulnerable we were at defending set pieces without Stones/Walker/Rodri - the best 3 of air duels in our team. Leicester did not cause trouble because they were arguably the worst (together with Leeds) on set pieces attacking/defending in the PL.
Well with the exception of the set piece that ended up with us heading it off the line I think we actually defended and coped very well with any corners or free kicks , but that doesn't stop me from thinking we are vulnerable but maybe us fans underestimate our own ability in these situations

As predicted the media are now tearing into Jack , Daily Express/John Cross , headlines "grealish the £100m misfit" on the next page "Utd end the year in style" !!!!!. Wont post a link because Cross is a **** and doesnt deserve a click.
In the cunts article he stated that Grealish was signed to take us to another level and has failed , maybe he should look at the league table , proabable 12 points clear by Sunday evening , how many other levels are there ?
Obviously not all down to Grealish but he's made a fair contribution , perhaps Cross should analyse Varrane and the Rags next level of defence he was going to bring and their abject failure.
JCIAC.

It's easy to predict Grealish is going to be a hit for us. As easy as it was to predict that Rodri was going to be great. Well, for some the latter was difficult, but that's the point.

It's easy to predict Grealish is going to be a hit for us. As easy as it was to predict that Rodri was going to be great. Well, for some the latter was difficult, but that's the point.

That early and last season Rodri is Legendary, so many people have been wrong on their view on him. very few of them is willing to admit that they have made a mistake.

That early and last season Rodri is Legendary, so many people have been wrong on their view on him. very few of them is willing to admit that they have made a mistake.
You could say this about a LOT of City players at one point or another, which is rather annoying.

Although in fairness, a lot do own up to their mistakes. The problem is that it ends up repeating itself with another player (eg in this thread)

I was wrong about Rodri, i just judged him against Fern but he's different to him.
Rodri has become vital to us, i'm well happy that i was completely wrong about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.