10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In no way shape or form should we be writing Grealish off. Quality player and he will start delivering once he gets to grip with the system and competing with world class players.

Patience needed. He is helping us win games and that’s all I care about.

Why the rush? The only issue I see is that he still thinks he is at Villa. Once that goes he will thrive.

Nobody is writing him off though. Or saying he's shite.

I'd just prefer to see those minutes being given to Foden and Sterling who are significantly better players, or to Palmer who has the potential to be.

The thing I hate about the Grealish signing is that Foden doesn't get much time on the wing anymore. Instead he's shoved central where he's not at his best. Seems pointless considering we're meant to be buying a striker in a few months.

I assume the long term plan for him is to play more centrally as he doesn't appear to have the attributes to play on the wing.

The reason the left wing isn’t and can’t be productive under the current system is because it doesn’t have an overlapping fullback or indeed any other overlapping going on.
I’m stunned that fans immediately blame players for outcomes that are a product of the system they play under.

A prime example is the general consensus that Gundogan had a purple patch last season when his suddenly scoring for fun was solely the result of a system change that put him in a position to use the talent that he already had and, indeed, still has.

Last edited:
The reason the left wing isn’t and can’t be productive under the current system is because it doesn’t have an overlapping fullback or indeed any other overlapping going on.
I’m stunned that fans immediately blame players for outcomes that are a product of the system they play under.

A prime example is the general consensus that Gundogan had a purple patch last season when his suddenly scoring for fun was solely the result of a system change that put him in a position to use the talent that he already has and, indeed, still has.
Yep, Gundogan has always been our cleverest midfielder off the ball when it comes to arriving in the box at the right time. I recently watched a video of all of his goals for City and the ones from his first season are like watching prime Lampard, the way he delays runs or moves into the right space just when he needs to. When he came back from that big injury in 2017, Pep started playing him deeper and deeper until he finished the 18/19 season in the CDM role. Ever since David Silva left he's started being played further forward and look at the results we've gotten from him since.

A prime example is the general consensus that Gundogan had a purple patch last season when his suddenly scoring for fun was solely the result of a system change that put him in a position to use the talent that he already has and, indeed, still has.
Strange how it’s not a problem when Foden is on the left wing. Couldn’t have a better left back to link up with and receive great passes. It’s fairly rare Walker actually overlaps on the other side as he tends to sit as Cancelo is allowed to roam. Lack of pace and left peg is a big problem for Jack out there not who’s playing left back.

Strange how it’s not a problem when Foden is on the left wing. Couldn’t have a better left back to link up with and receive great passes. It’s fairly rare Walker actually overlaps on the other side as he tends to sit as Cancelo is allowed to roam. Lack of pace and left peg is a big problem for Jack out there not who’s playing left back.

You'de think somebody in the management team might have noticed that .

Well he is not all of a sudden going to develop pace and a left foot.

So Pep needs to play him in midfield if he wants to get the best of grealish. Like villa did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.