10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have found myself in a similar position. I think he's been alright so far. Not good, not bad, just alright. Hasn't done anything particularly egregious but hasn't exactly provided a wealth of evidence that he's worth what we paid. But fuck me, the level of anger towards him, the way people scrutinise his lifestyle, the amount of people who come back to this thread in droves whenever he misplaces a pass - I've ended up a Grealish "fanboy" simply by giving him time.

The Overton window has been completely shifted on him. When he came in it was a case of "Looks talented but needs to learn, let's see how he settles", but nowadays we get another 10 pages added to this embarrassing thread when he goes on holiday and another 30 pages when he doesn't produce a match-winning performance. A lot of people have planted their flag on him and will simply never budge now unless he becomes a bona fide legend, a la Jesus & Mahrez.

Jesus and Mahrez are both solid members of our squad now. Mahrez is top quality, Jesus has turned into a different kind of player to the one we were expecting but puts a big shift in and scores big goals. But on here you still get people questioning Jesus' value and unironically calling Mahrez "FFS". The same shit will follow Grealish around now, even as he settles in. He'll spend his peak years with us and win loads of trophies, but some will never convert.
I agree with all of this.

There is a very creepy corner of our fanbase who always need a scapegoat. Now Mahrez has come good they have moved on to Grealish. Before that it was Sterling. Before that it was Navas, and Kolarov, etc etc etc.

These gimps were even slagging off Gundogan at one point! Utterly clueless, miserable wankers mate.

Last edited:
From a Villa point of view... There were always plenty in our fan base who were preoccupied with his personal/social life, too.

Something about him rubs certain people up the wrong way, they get fixated on his stupid hair and clothes and that he enjoys the odd night out. Then all of a sudden it gets blown out of proportion and you get rumours flying around that he's on drugs or in rehab or whatever...

He's less interesting than that. He's occasionally done some mad and stupid shit but 99% of his "lifestyle" is the same old stuff that most other players do and no-one seems to mind or even notice.

No fucking hiding from me big man. My thoughts on Grealish are/were well documented in the transfer thread long before he arrived.

So " big man " your mind was made up before he had even played for the club ?

So it's probable that you wouldn't change your opinion if he proved himself to be the best player at the club .

Nothing to beat objectivity !

So " big man " your mind was made up before he had even played for the club ?

So it's probable that you wouldn't change your opinion if he proved himself to be the best player at the club .

Nothing to beat objectivity !

To be fair, he's not really done anything on the pitch to change any of the doubters' minds.

It's a fair point to say that he'll almost certainly improve but anyone who wasn't impressed by him on or off the pitch before is hardly going to look at what's gone on this season and think "well he's made me look silly."

If he comes good on the pitch then he'll win people over, even the ones who think he comes across as a bit of a prat. Until then, weekly stat posts about his "key passes" aren't going to cut it.

People need to be patient. Not just the ones who are writing him off but also the ones being defensive of him. Players who have done far more for the club both past and present have taken far more shit than him. It's all to be expected.

I was joking but several in this thread seem to have lost their sense of humour.
To lose a sense of humour, one first needs to have a sense of humour.
Going by some of the comments/responses in the performances thread generally, I suspect that there are many posters on here who were at the very back of the queue when humour was handed out.
There are fans, and there are fanatics. Some of these guys are borderline nutcases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.