10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep wasn't happy about Grealish, Walker, and Mahrez going out, but not for the reasons you would think ;)

"I'm so upset because they didn't invite me," joked Guardiola.

The City boss went on to say,
"Next time, they can invite me hopefully. The video didn't show exactly what happened. Dinner together, sober with some mates, and some backroom staff."

I imagine it is difficult from a mental perspective being Jack. He has the hefty price tag around his head. He has to learn a different brand of football in a new City.
He has not performed as well as he would like and that will be weighing heavy on his mind.
On top of this , he is seen as a pin up. That has the added pressure of having your personal life all over the tabloids and social media.
It must be a burden.

Yeah, we’ve a few on here who have bought into it. I dread getting old...
Nowt to do with getting old.
Grealish has the ability to be an outstanding player (and I expect him to do it at the Etihad) - others have had the chance and pissed it away.
The lad needs to have a look at how others manage themselves and knuckle down.
I realise the press are going to have him under a microscope, he has to understand that too

Nowt to do with getting old.
Grealish has the ability to be an outstanding player (and I expect him to do it at the Etihad) - others have had the chance and pissed it away.
The lad needs to have a look at how others manage themselves and knuckle down.
I realise the press are going to have him under a microscope, he has to understand that too
His behaviour is still as when he was at Villa and he won’t change either cannot change your personality and I’m sure he will bring all his baggage like he did at Villa too us . Needs to up his game as this is not Aston Villa

david silva apparently used to go out and get pissed/ drink everyone under the table. Would you say he’s not professional.

ive seen others in alderly edge drinking/ getting tipsy aswell. I think it’s fairly common.

I’m a good level boozer, i would never begrudge someone a good night out.
But fuck me, if this is true, and he’s as drunk as he looks, and let’s face it, your average student needs to be paralytic to be turned away from Albert Sloss, it’s full of Hen parties out of their brains. For a multi millionaire footballer to be turned away, he must be absolutely fucked.

Now, for me, he can do what he likes, but being that pissed, is totally unprofessional, i’m 41 now and still managed to rupture my knee ligaments the other week when pissed and standing in a pot hole.

At 22, i was fit as a fiddle playing saturday & sundays at a good level, I was only released from Morecambe at 19. Hammered in Germany I stood on a beer bottle and broke my ankle.

I’ve got no problems with the team having a right laugh off duty, but it has to remain semi professional. Go out, have a good drink, have a good laugh, be 26, but don’t be so drunk you can’t function.

Asides from all that. He sadly is already a target for who he is, how rich he is and no doubt with some very expensive clobber, diamonds and watches he is a target, being that pissed, your average 14 year old could roll him.

It’s sad, it’s unfortunate but these lads, shouldn’t be putting themselves in that position.

I’ve been fairly clear how I see his performance on the pitch, and I wouldn’t hold a good session against him.

But at this stage of his career, he needs to wake up.

Not to mention, if he’s getting that pissed, it’s nearly 12/16 hours before he can drive again..

Last edited:
I imagine it is difficult from a mental perspective being Jack. He has the hefty price tag around his head. He has to learn a different brand of football in a new City.
He has not performed as well as he would like and that will be weighing heavy on his mind.
On top of this , he is seen as a pin up. That has the added pressure of having your personal life all over the tabloids and social media.
It must be a burden.
and a new language :)

unless he’s a full blown alcoholic can’t see it doing much damage long term

the examples you’ve given aren’t great either.

wilshire - injury ruined him not drinking
Andy carrol- same
Rooney - had 13 years at the top and a career better then most would dream of
Joe hart isn’t a big drinker

unless your just saying as you get older you get injured more?

Joe Hart was a top piss can, dancing on the bar swinging pants round his level.

But I don’t dispute your greater point, the drinking doesn’t have to ruin your career. But it’s safe to say it doesn’t exactly help it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.