10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife beater is not decent in any book
No, it isn't.
But he was a bloody great footballer. Probably the best of his generation.
We probably need a separate thread for stuff like this, because it's difficult to support someone on the pitch whilst knowing, or believing, that they are a shit off it.
Yet in the world of just football Gazza was effin immense!

wankered, legless, paralytic. don't even think he looked that drunk tbh. He stumbles at the end when the minder on his arm goes left, and he goes to go right after Mahrez/Walker.
I was thinking the same thing. Thinking about it logically, wouldn't he just skip a meal at 7pm on a Sunday with the staff and team mates, if he was "legless"?

The guy filming it set the narrative that he wanted, because he saw a brief loss of balance as someone pulled his arm. He jumped all over it and has got all the attention he wanted(it went viral).

It could have been anything: A short loss of balance(ie nothing), maybe he was just knackered, maybe he'd had some physio or treatment that day that affected his legs(maybe Pep knows that), maybe he'd been vaping the Mary Jane before heading out for dinner(although with the random testing these days, I don't know if it's safe for them to do that). Or maybe he was just a little tipsy and I'm not sure that matters. I understand he's cost the club a lot of money and is paid a lot but he's still only human and a young man to boot. With the pressure he's under, I understand why he might want to self-medicate, that can actually be healthier than doing nothing about it(stress, anxiety etc).

There's no signs of him being "off the rails" in that video to my eyes, either way. You'd think the other video of him interacting with a fan, that also went viral, would have added some balance. I think he's making a real effort, personally.

Last edited:
HE showed a better attitude coming off the bench. Pressed harder. Scared the goalie and forced him to make that reckless pass which was intercepted by smart Sterling and lead to KDB goal.

Regardless of the price tag, I can see why Pep is the BEST manager - he really improves every player.

He looked good and has improved in recent weeks. There is a media narrative against him, and the commentator I listened to last night was all over the £100m fee, but he is a good player, very good, and will get better and better, IMO.

It was interesting, as soon as Jack came on last night the second goal came. Their defence didn't like it. I love how direct he is and just tried to beat a man.

Not only is he good at creating space for others and driving with the ball, but his game management is excellent. Keeps the ball, keeps possession, slows it down. He's learnt quite quickly that element of the game.

Gundogan and Grealish were both taking up similar positions at times and getting in the way. I don't know whether he was supposed to be playing false 9 but Jack really can't help but get sucked towards the ball. It's much better to use him wider or alongside Rodri really but I'm sure that's what will happen in time.

I know it was Brentford, but I saw more confidence in his play last night.
It basically boils down to wherever or not he believes in what Peps plan is for him.
I still find myself surprised how many people fail to give some context to his performances so far when his role at City, compared to every other season since he's played for villa is chalk and cheese, and that doesn't begin to do it justice.
We've all seen how difficult it must be to play for city since Pep came along. I don't mean that literally of course because playing with teammates who are absolutely top notch can only help your game. But the nuences of football that to most aren't given the attention they should are what makes our boss the best in the world.
He thinks about everything, sometimes to his detriment but 9 times out of 10 to the benefit of the team.
Jack has had it his own way since his debut at Villa. Idolised by men women and children, not just that but his hometown men women and children. He could do no wrong on the pitch and all his misdemeanours were forgiven.
It could have been easy for him to stay in that safe environment but he's decided to test himself at the best club in the world.
I can only admire him for that and it's why I can forgive him for not looking like the prodigious talent he was at villa to being just a cog in the machine with us.
His footballing education this year will benefit him, and more importantly City moving forward.

But he cost 100m so should bag a goal a game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.