10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacks problem is we added another 'creator' but still have no one capable (outside of Mahrez) to reliably stick the ball in the net. After Aguero left, Torres was the most like a natural finisher we had and we let him leave.

We are relying too heavily on goals from players that arent renowned for putting up big numbers. False 9 is great for certain games but we are missing a finisher. Look at Kevs assist stats since we went false 9.
Sums up my thoughts. I've nothing against Grealish and think he has overall done okay so far. I was very well aware what he would be bringing to City, and I fully understand players needing time to see their best under Pep.

My problem is the club choosing to sign yet another 'creator' when we aren't exactly short in that department. What I've felt we lacked were goalscorers, not just a new striker, but someone else who would chip in with goals reliably.

Let's hope we don't have to wait that long for him to put in a match winning performance for us.

What about 18 months ago, when he got 2 goals and 3 assists in a 7-2 dismantling of Liverpool?

I'd take a repeat of that!

Next season when we have a striker I predict Grealish - bar any injury will achieve his best overall record for assists/goals in his career, as he is constantly putting great balls into the box and no-one finishes them. I’ve no doubt at all he will be a great signing for us over the next few years now that I’ve watched him a considerable amount.

Sums up my thoughts. I've nothing against Grealish and think he has overall done okay so far. I was very well aware what he would be bringing to City, and I fully understand players needing time to see their best under Pep.

My problem is the club choosing to sign yet another 'creator' when we aren't exactly short in that department. What I've felt we lacked were goalscorers, not just a new striker, but someone else who would chip in with goals reliably.

Because our club rather wait for Striker that meet our standards which mean a world class like Kane or Haaland rather than below standard like Danny Ings.

If everyone expect that City can just sign any striker with below standards and expect them to have 20+ goal per season is just really naive at best.

Because our club rather wait for Striker that meet our standards which mean a world class like Kane or Haaland rather than below standard like Danny Ings.

If everyone expect that City can just sign any striker with below standards and expect them to have 20+ goal per season is just really naive at best.
We might have had Kane if we hadn't forked out 100m for Grealish if our board would have felt another 50m was worth it ?
However it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise if we land Harland, hopefully that will be the case.

Last edited:
At Villa, he was always putting the ball in the right place but it didn't lead to many goals because the Villa strikers' finishing was poor.

Seems like at City he's doing the same thing but the problem is no-one's a striker. At least you know he's got the experience of not having his chances finished so he's not going to just give up and stop creating them.

Get a decent finisher for him and his assists will shoot up.

Next season when we have a striker I predict Grealish - bar any injury will achieve his best overall record for assists/goals in his career, as he is constantly putting great balls into the box and no-one finishes them. I’ve no doubt at all he will be a great signing for us over the next few years now that I’ve watched him a considerable amount.

I would agree with this. Recent City history is full of players who took some time to settle in and adjust before playing some stellar stuff. I think Grealish will do just the same (although I've not been unhappy with how he's played so far because I'm not a fanny like some on here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.