10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean. I think it's a coin toss between him and Sterling because they present different options and different problems. The fact Jack is still bedding into the team means you may well be right.

If ever a player needs a big goal and/or performance it's him though. I think he knows he's not as good as the rest of the attackers and it's in his head a little bit.
He was so scared of shooting yesterday I was thinking this price-tag is gonna kill him if he doesn’t get a crucial goal in one of the big games after the international break.

In contrast to you I believe he brings something unique to this team (drawing lots of opponents on to him and out of position, while finding the free man). This will be crucial for our big matches IF he finds that confidence he had at villa.

please elaborate where you think i'm mistaken mate.. just an opinion ofc. but its bluemoon, no place for constructive discussion if it goes against the hivemind
1) how easy do you think it is to go from a team where you’re given ample amount of space on the ball every game, to a team where you have to work in tiny spaces and break down a 10 man defence every game? Even KDB struggles with that abit and he’s done nearly 2 seasons of it.

2) you said he gets shitfaced weekly. That’s just not true is it? Jack is in the headlines for breathing, he can’t help that, can he?

3) yeah he did drink drive - very stupid and idiotic. Didn’t stop city signing him tho did it? And yeah he does seem like a decent human being. All the good he has done outweighs the bad.

Last edited:
He was so scared of shooting yesterday I was thinking this price-tag is gonna kill him if he doesn’t get a crucial goal in one of the big games after the international break.

In contrast to you I believe he brings something unique to this team (drawing lots of opponents on to him and out of position, while finding the free man). This will be crucial for our big matches IF he finds that confidence he had at villa.

Fundmentally I don't really care how good he is at finding a free man or being able to buy a cheap foul by running towards his markers. You play in the front 3 you absolutely MUST deliver numbers. Every single week. If you don't, you aren't good enough for this team. Period. You look at Sterling's drop off in numbers last season and the reality is that nearly everyone wanted him sold. We've now dropped a record fee on a lad who seemingly won't ever get close to Sterling's output.

I suspect Grealish will end up an 8 in Pep's system. That's if he doesn't wilt under the pressure of playing for City.

Fundmentally I don't really care how good he is at finding a free man or being able to buy a cheap foul by running towards his markers. You play in the front 3 you absolutely MUST deliver numbers. Every single week. If you don't, you aren't good enough for this team. Period. You look at Sterling's drop off in numbers last season and the reality is that nearly everyone wanted him sold. We've now dropped a record fee on a lad who seemingly won't ever get close to Sterling's output.

I suspect Grealish will end up an 8 in Pep's system. That's if he doesn't wilt under the pressure of playing for City.
That’s true and I hope his numbers will come, if not I think he will ”wilt under the pressure”.

This is exactly the reason he is going to end up an 8 imo, his output in terms of actions affecting games is the worst of our "front" players. We need more - passing it 7 yards out isn't it!

That’s true and I hope his numbers will come, if not I think he will ”wilt under the pressure”.

I will be shocked if he get reach 40 goals at the end of his City playing career.

The people that expect him to get his numbers soon will be disappointed, he is not known as goal scoring machine. He will never reach that number that some fans expected him to be.

His strengh lies somewhere and that's he should focus first and integrate them into adapting City scheme.

This is exactly the reason he is going to end up an 8 imo, his output in terms of actions affecting games is the worst of our "front" players. We need more - passing it 7 yards out isn't it!

A game is won how many goals you score more than the ones you concede.

And that is the true "number" of a players value bringing to the team - the plus/minus net goal per 90 minutes when a player is on/off the pitch.

PL status this season shows among our 5 regular front 3, Mahrez does the best(+0.52). Then it is Grealish(+0.04), Foden(-0.26),Jesus(-0.36) and Sterling(-0.58). This numbers will change from time to time and reflects a players playing style and current form.

next season will be crucial for him.

I just haven't seen it from him yet, more or less every match i just feel underwhelmed by his input and performance. The only exception is perhaps the united game at home where he looked decent, but was allowed plenty of space.

next season will be crucial for him.

I just haven't seen it from him yet, more or less every match i just feel underwhelmed by his input and performance. The only exception is perhaps the united game at home where he looked decent, but was allowed plenty of space.
Starting to show signs that next season, as with a lot of Peps signings it takes a year, he'll be the business. I'd assume that at least one of Jesus, Raz or Mahrez will be off so Haaland coming in wouldn't be an issue for game time.

Some nice touches yesterday some let down by the movement of others.

What I have noticed the last few games and it's not Jack but other established players is frustrations in the KDB/Rodders last week, John yesterday etc.... we're not fully on point and that needs addressing. One thing we've always been especially while Pep has been here is a solid all for one team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.